Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: How did your TSP y-pipe fit with your headers?
TSP headers, TSP y-pipe, fit fine
7.22%
TSP headers, TSP y-pipe, had some problems with the install
18.56%
Pacesetter headers, TSP y-pipe, fit fine
24.74%
Pacesetter headers, TSP y-pipe, had some problems with the install
26.80%
Hooker Headers, TSP y-pipe, fit fine
7.22%
Hooker Headers, TSP y-pipe, had some problems with the install
8.25%
Other headers, TSP y-pipe, fit fine
1.03%
Other headers, TSP y-pipe, had some problems with the install
6.19%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Have a TSP y-pipe? come in and vote.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My catted y fit fine on my old style comp lt's. However when I ordered it the guys at tsp told me that comp had recently changed the design on their lt's and the new style may have fitment issues. Hope this helps
Old 04-09-2011, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Have pacesetters and the install in my driveway was a pain in the ***. Adjusted it some more when I got it on the lift at my shop. I ended up having to trim some of the i pipe and my passenger side angle pipe was a little short so I just bought a little extension piece and it works for now.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:07 PM
10 Second Club

I have TSP 1 and 7/8 headers with the TSP "new" ORY and the fit is horrible I am going to have to cut like 3-4 inches out of it tomove it forward in order to make it fit above my Spohn Torque arm with a front mounted DS safety loop. Complete crap for the $ you spend on it.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Packy
I have TSP 1 and 7/8 headers with the TSP "new" ORY and the fit is horrible I am going to have to cut like 3-4 inches out of it tomove it forward in order to make it fit above my Spohn Torque arm with a front mounted DS safety loop. Complete crap for the $ you spend on it.
You should have called and asked them if it would fit. Thats your own fault.

130 bucks for a y pipe that isnt crushed and has a good merge is a great price.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmos
130 bucks for a y pipe that isnt crushed and has a good merge is a great price.
$130 for a pile of pipes that don't fit, I called TSP before i ever ordered their y-pipe, I specifically asked "does this fit the TSP 1 7/8 headers?" they said "oh yeah! perfectly!" so yeah..... I'm calling bullshit
Old 06-17-2011, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I didnt have problems with mine. So if it fits good like mine its a great piece for the money. in your case it sucks lol
Old 06-17-2011, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

maybe they need tighter tolerances on the bender? hell if i know, it's crazy that more people have problems with the thing than people who don't.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
maybe they need tighter tolerances on the bender? hell if i know, it's crazy that more people have problems with the thing than people who don't.
I personally dont care for TSP(not a fan of thier cams or heads) but I bought the y pipe cause it was cheap. You could be right on the tolerances though. I thought it fit well but a lot of people havent had good luck.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:15 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

It has nothing to do with "tolerances on the bender"

The Y pipe is very consistant from one item to another, they are built & several from each run are checked with a digitizer to make sure the CNC Bender is reproducing correctly.

What determines the quality fit is the installer, we install them here at our facilities with no issues at all.

The Y pipe just doesn't change from one customer to the next, the issue is it's made in several sections to make it more adjustable, but that gives some installers problems.
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 06-17-2011, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have no complaints about mine, Pacesetter headers and the newer TSP ORY. At first the Y pipe hit the floor on hard acceleration even with poly MM's and even hit the torque arm, but after some adjusting and prying and using the wide band clamps, everything is great now. For those complaining about a crappy fit on headers other than TSP/Pacesetters, it clearly states on the website (or it did) that this Y pipe is made for those headers specifically...

Like I said I have no complaints at all other than the fact that they forgot to send me my spark plugs, but after a phone call I had them the next day. I scored my header/Y pipe combo at a scratch and dent discount since the primaries were scuffed up, and I'll definitely continue to do business with TSP in the future!
Old 06-17-2011, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
It has nothing to do with "tolerances on the bender"

The Y pipe is very consistant from one item to another, they are built & several from each run are checked with a digitizer to make sure the CNC Bender is reproducing correctly.

What determines the quality fit is the installer, we install them here at our facilities with no issues at all.

The Y pipe just doesn't change from one customer to the next, the issue is it's made in several sections to make it more adjustable, but that gives some installers problems.
sorry guys, I have a hard time believing the people who have had problems getting this thing to fit, just aren't competent. Did you even look at the poll, OVER HALF of the people had problems with it. Maybe if it was 3 or 4 people out 68 then i might believe that. Shoot I might even give you 10 out of 68, but not 37 of 68! These are gear heads, not joe shmoe that can't even change his own oil.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

i would hardly call everyone on here gear heads, there is some dumb asses. Mine fit just fine and it comes in pieces to adjust it to each individual setup. I welded flanged on mine for easy on/off. As with a lot of problems on here I think there needs to be a vote for user error.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:08 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Ok here's my bet on the matter. Somebody come down & you can open any of the 50+ y pipes we have in stock & we will install it no problem on a good car. (wrecked cars excluded of course)
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 06-17-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 242 Likes on 198 Posts

^^^ save me on the 175$ i had to pay the muff shop to install....er.....butcher mine
Old 06-17-2011, 07:16 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Kooks true duals, and be done with it. It would compliment 416, eliminate the need for a cut-out, and fix / fill the rear bumper nicely. That's the route I'm going, and I don't have a TA anymore. I'm going CME
Old 06-17-2011, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Kooks true duals, and be done with it. It would compliment 416, eliminate the need for a cut-out, and fix / fill the rear bumper nicely. That's the route I'm going, and I don't have a TA anymore. I'm going CME
I ordered the kooks true duals on tuesday from maryland speed, just waiting on it now!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:15 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Kooks FTMFW!!!

I can't wait to get mine for my CME set up.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Kooks FTMFW!!!

I can't wait to get mine for my CME set up.
Looks like i'll be the first to install it with the MWC 9" and watts link. I'm hoping it clears the rear without problems, A member on here with an S60 has the kooks duals, I PMed him, and said he didn't have any clearance issues, so I'm hoping I'm good.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
Looks like i'll be the first to install it with the MWC 9" and watts link. I'm hoping it clears the rear without problems, A member on here with an S60 has the kooks duals, I PMed him, and said he didn't have any clearance issues, so I'm hoping I'm good.
Finally decided what to go with huh? Well it should be good enough to support that ls3! Good luck with the install man
Old 06-19-2011, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yikes! more people with issues than people without. I just ordered their 1 7/8 LT's with ORY combo but they wont have headers in till almost end of July so still on the hunt per-say, esp after reading these posts and their shipping is, well, lets just say I could almost order another ory for the price of having their headers shipped to me...

I know that you have to be patient though when installing these parts, esp when working on ur back and car just jacked up, not on a lift. Even when installing my Lpp LT's and ORY on the camaro, at first it almost seemed like they weren't going to fit at all together. But it took some taking off the ory pieces, loosening the headers, readjusting, tightening headers, working the ory with a rubber mallet and many loud foul-word outbursts, I had it all together fitting nice. This was even with new poly mounts installed which are "suppose to help".
If I dont change my mind on the setup and find some good 1 7/8 headers that dont cost an arm and leg, ill post up how the install goes. Wish there were more brands of 1 7/8 LT's that come coated for around $5-600 and other brands with decent ypipes that actually have a real merge. Everything I find are $800+ just for the headers although I can understand with the ARH, SW, Kooks and QTP, as those are stainless and freakin works of art.
Only other good ypipe is QTP or Mufflex but those are $325 before shipping... I could have a custom one made for that price, gotta pay to play I guess.
Speaking of custom ypipes, has anyone had one made and how much did it cost you?

Quick Reply: Have a TSP y-pipe? come in and vote.