Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 ta won't start after motor swap

Old 03-09-2011, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 ta won't start after motor swap

Ok I have 98 formula . I threw a rod and pulled the motor it was a 2000 motor with a cam and bolt ons I had it tuned for my setup on the stock 98 computer and harness. I bought a stock 98 complete motor yesterday and put it in the car with my same tuned computer and harness when I go to start the car it will turn over but does not even try to start .
I'm getting fuel but no spark I checked it with a spark tester between the coil and plug and nothing . When I turn my key on my odometer and trip display is lit up but blank .

Do I need my computer flashed or could it be a ground or harness problem where should I start
Old 03-09-2011, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There are some ground wires on the back of the rite head, believe 3 wires, make sure they are on, Check your crank position sensor, and make sure your coil harnesses are plugged in tight, Is the car showin any codes? even with a tuned ecm I would think it would still run on a stock engine, just run like crap. You said the car just had a cam and no big number heads,so I would guess the cam wasnt so radical as to make a stocker ecm tune not even attempt to fire. GO back over everything again.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That happened to me recently, it turned out to be the ign relay.

Last edited by ZERO; 03-09-2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: info

Search this Thread