Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced Knock Sensor/ Oil Pressure Gauge Doesnt Work

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced Knock Sensor/ Oil Pressure Gauge Doesnt Work

So my computer threw a code for knock #1. I replaced it and now my oil pressure gauge doesnt work. Could I have broken the oil pressure sender unit or possibly pinched/busted the small vaccum line that goes into it?
Old 03-24-2011, 01:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

the OPSU does not use a vacuum line.....make sure the wire is clipped on it good.....if it is.......replace the OPSU
Old 03-24-2011, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you could have broke it, or it may not be clipped in tight, or you may have forgot to plug it in. Or you could have even pinched the wires in between the intake and head. its tough but lay on top of the engine and wiggle your hand back there, You will be able to feel it, see if its still screwed into the block, If it moves its broken, check the top where the pigtail clips in, start there, If no luck, Pull the intake.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's good advice given above. It's all too common to break it when removing or installing the intake. The brake booster vacuum line wraps around it...
Old 03-26-2011, 11:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tell everyone putting on an intake to remove the oil pressure sender from behind the intake before you take off the manifold. YES the sender can be removed without taking off the manifold, just needs a special oil pressure sensor socket, like $7 at the parts store. It ALWAYS breaks, it's just some flimsy plastic casing.