Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what injectors to use with a Tr230 cam?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what injectors to use with a Tr230 cam?

i have seen some people saying that their stock injectors are maxing out with this cam. what size would be good to use with this cam, stock heads, and a
ls6 intake?
how long would the stock injectors be ok to use if im not getting on it all the time?
Old 04-05-2011, 10:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I've seen a lot of people using stock injectors on this cam and others up to well past 400rwhp.

Mine right now are supposedly maxed at 96% but I am really not sure that's right. I am going to check a/f with a wideband soon to make sure I'm not rich.

With a different tune in the car that feels like it pulls the same or better I was showing low 80%s. So I'm not buying injectors until I check it myself.

If I need them, I will be looking for some Terminator Cobra blue tops (aka Blue Giants) or something of the sort. Plenty of good options for around $150.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^ thats good to know. i figured that the stockers would be okay for this cam too until i started reading some other post. im glad you posted that up. makes me feel a little better. lol