Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Qwik Valve: Very cool, have you guys seen this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 05:28 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Similar to the Fram Quick Change valves setup they've offered for years! I had one on my old car. My only complaint was I could never remember where I left the drain tube. But when I had the tube, it was great, very easy, fast, and clean! It's a handy "tool", but not for everyone. I guess if you need warm motor oil on your fingers to feel like a man, don't buy it

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSilverOne
then go buy an electric car.
What does that have to do with this?

Originally Posted by hawiianpwr
Thats not even the messy part, forgot about the oil filter!
True but that can't be avoided anyway can it?
Old 04-20-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bramlok
If Billy Mays was selling it, I would buy one for sure. I just don't trust that lady.
If Billy was selling it, I'd be a little worried since he's dead and all. Unless you're talking about Zombie Billy Mays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu1YvsMWnOI

Seriously, I've always thought the messiest part about oil changes was changing the filter. Doesn't everyone always change the filter and oil at the same time?
Old 04-21-2011, 01:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Stupid, I had another version of that and it was a pain in the *** IMO. Never bought another one.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some pictures for people. I still fail to see how it would be a pain in the *** or how they would leak unless you didn't know what you were doing and didn't put it on right.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Stupid, I had another version of that and it was a pain in the *** IMO. Never bought another one.
Could you explain why?
Old 04-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by Cheap Guy
Seriously, I've always thought the messiest part about oil changes was changing the filter. Doesn't everyone always change the filter and oil at the same time?
Wait...there's an oil filter? Where?

It'd be nice if they made one for my lawn mower since the drain on that tends to spit on everything but my drain pan.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by RedVertTA
Could you explain why?
Drained slow as ****, didnt feel like it would let all the crud escape, having to keep up with the drain hose.....you know stuff like that.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

They have two different ones now. One has a nipple and you can use a drain hose and the other one (which I have does not).
Old 04-21-2011, 10:34 AM
12 Second Club

LOL, come on guys. Honestly it takes what 15 seconds to remove a drain pan bolt & takes what 5-10 seconds to make sure you got this thing fully opened? Its not gonna save any time. The arguement about it making a change cleaner is really nill since the filter will screw everyone thinking they will stay clean just by adding this damn piece, LOL.

I'll stick by my thought of its a waste of money & useless in reality. But to each their own, if this makes you smile by all means waste your money on it & smile away, LOL.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

^ Srsly?

I already got through how it helps with my Subaru. I use to take off the drain plug and it would just be an explosion of oil all over the place (aka not in the drainage jug). Now with the fumoto valve I push it up and over and get a perfect flowing stream of oil right into the drain jug. No more mess all over the floor.

It all depends on the car though. I wouldn't buy one for an fbody because of how the drain plug is situated in the oil pan.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:07 AM
12 Second Club

LOL, yes seriously. We are on a fbody forum so good for you it helped with a non-fbody car. They are pointless on a fbody though unless it makes you feel warm & fuzzy, period.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
LOL, come on guys. Honestly it takes what 15 seconds to remove a drain pan bolt & takes what 5-10 seconds to make sure you got this thing fully opened? Its not gonna save any time. The arguement about it making a change cleaner is really nill since the filter will screw everyone thinking they will stay clean just by adding this damn piece, LOL.

I'll stick by my thought of its a waste of money & useless in reality. But to each their own, if this makes you smile by all means waste your money on it & smile away, LOL.
exactly! The drain plug is never the cause of the mess... its the damn filter!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
LOL, yes seriously. We are on a fbody forum so good for you it helped with a non-fbody car. They are pointless on a fbody though unless it makes you feel warm & fuzzy, period.
It doesn't matter that this is an lsx based forum. People here are posing it like it's dumb/a waste of money for every application out there which IS NOT true.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OK, did some research on other sites and they made a good point that this plug would help preserve drain pan threads since the you don't have to remove and reinstall the plug with every change.

Originally Posted by 01badz28
I have personally seen a cone hit (at an autocross) open a fumoto valve and dump oil on the course. The motor was saved due to some very quick actions of the driver. Probably a one in a million freak event, but still.
Guess I missed this post. Do you know if that person was using a locking clip with that valve?
Old 04-21-2011, 02:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedVertTA
OK, did some research on other sites and they made a good point that this plug would help preserve drain pan threads since the you don't have to remove and reinstall the plug with every change
I have had my TA for 6yrs & put 100k miles on it changing the oil every 3k miles. My plug still looks like new in reguards to the threads. As long as your not cross threading the plug your not gonna wear threads out from just screwing them together. It takes more than just that to detoriate threading.

Quick Reply: Qwik Valve: Very cool, have you guys seen this?