Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting EGR back on, can I use current LS6 intake?

Old 07-09-2011, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Putting EGR back on, can I use current LS6 intake?

Okay so Im gonna be putting the EGR back on my car for smog reasons, is there a way to put it on the LS6 intake thats currently on the car or do I have to put my LS1 intake back on? Buying a SLP LS6 with EGR provisions is a no go since I do not want to spend the money. So is there a way to put the EGR back on with my LS6 or even make it look like its back on without even really being tapped into the intake? EGR is tuned out so it wont be doing anything anyway. Thanks for the help and all replies are welcome!
Old 07-09-2011, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Unless you plan on doing some fabrication that's very convincing at making the EGR appear attached to the intake I'd say just reinstall the LS1 intake for smog.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you've still got the egr system, all it'd take would be drilling out the hole, shortening the section of pipe that goes into that hole and then use a screw to hold it down.

If you just want it to loo like it is there, completely cut off that piece of pipe that goes into the intake, cut the head off a bolt, use some epoxy to hold it in place on the intake, maybe some jb weld under the bolt head, then on the pipe that goes to the exhaust, ground it smooth and just attach it to the block off plate that should already be there if you had air/egr fittings on your headers.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here ya go.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...questions.html

Read through that, it looks to have turned out rather well.

Search this Thread