Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT ory and bullet.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LT ory and bullet.

I know this has been asked 29346234 times..anyway i have LTs and 3inch ORY, i hate how my flowtech muffler sounds. it has a metallic ring sound to it at wot which is really annoying! i have a 3 inch magnaflow bullet sitting around. my question is will the bullet sound VERY loud? or just drivable? i dont care for wot sound just cruising sound. will it drone alot? am wanting something like a magnamouth (over axle with tips). flowmaster merge will go in there anyway. opinions and honest answers please. thanks
Old 08-08-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it will be loud but its the sound that I like. I ran a Dynatech Race Bullet muffler and loved it but it was more of a race car than street car.

Why dont you add the magnaflow to your current exhaust and see if it tones down the flowtech? magnaflow is very well built and will not have any metallic sounds to it. The flowtech is like a flowmaster with just internal passages, right? it doesn't have any mesh steel wire in it? I think you will like a single magnaflow. It might drone but it will not be a hollow sounding drone like a flowmaster.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AutoRoc
it will be loud but its the sound that I like. I ran a Dynatech Race Bullet muffler and loved it but it was more of a race car than street car.

Why dont you add the magnaflow to your current exhaust and see if it tones down the flowtech? magnaflow is very well built and will not have any metallic sounds to it. The flowtech is like a flowmaster with just internal passages, right? it doesn't have any mesh steel wire in it? I think you will like a single magnaflow. It might drone but it will not be a hollow sounding drone like a flowmaster.

absolutely. its sounds OK at idle and cruising but when you get on it..its VERY metallic. my friend said it doesnt sound nice from outside..am afraid that with a bullet it will be plain loud and obnoxious since i have an ory.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I run a moroso spiral flow after my ORY, despite opinions that it's 'too restrictive' and I like the tone. I have it run over the axle to where it *would connect to the stock muffler and it's dumped there, all 3" piping
Old 08-08-2011, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

how does it sound? smooth or hollow? does it drone much? am in middle east i have VERY limited choices. and already got a bullet. i know some will say try and see but i thot id ask first so i wont mess my custom I pipe up
Old 08-08-2011, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Shouldn't be any drone with the Magnaflow bullet, and it won't be very loud cruising around but it'll scream at WOT.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

a lot will depend on your ORY merge. I have a lm2 with a bbk ory which has a fantastic merge, and the amount of annoying rasp i get is minimal; whilst someone else with a cheap pacesetter y pipe has their car sound like crap.

The LM2 resonator would be another choice I'd consider, as well as the Borla XR1
Old 08-08-2011, 06:58 PM
TECH Addict

^ thanks guys! now am happy to try out! and am going with flowmaster merge. my merge isnt bad but i want the smoothest sound i can get. thanks again. any video clips are appreciated matt224?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
how does it sound? smooth or hollow? does it drone much? am in middle east i have VERY limited choices. and already got a bullet. i know some will say try and see but i thot id ask first so i wont mess my custom I pipe up
The drone isn't bad at all. It's more of a deep old school kinda sound but when you get on it, it just roars. I don't have any clips or I'd post one. It can still be a little raspy at lower RPMs but it's nower near the rasp you get with say a borla catback with headers/ory.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Actually I just remembered, if you type "loudmouth vs moroso" or something like that in the search box there's a thread where someone replaced the loudmouth resonator with a spiral flow and it sounds similar to that, only I dumped mine instead of having tips
Old 08-09-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

alright then seems like its better with a bullet then.