Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP true duals..Which muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP true duals..Which muffler?

I'm getting tired of my y pipe/ magnaflow catback setup and want to get the tsp true dual with dumps setup...

First, will the true duals and dumps bolt up to my obx long tubes? I don't see how they would in the pics. My headers use flanges if that makes sense.

Second, which muffler is sounds best? I'm looking for something deep and NOT raspy....I think the bullets are the sound I'm going for but can't really tell from the videos because every has cams.......I want something deep
Old 08-18-2011, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Dynomax Bullets. I have been very happy with them. Reasonably deep at idle, screams up top. Flowmaster 1 chambers are probably the deepest. I can't imagine most of the bullet style mufflers being massively different in tone, except for the Spiral Flows as they do not use a packing material.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Launching!

So would the spiral flows be louder? Would they be deeper? They sound raspy in the youtube videos i've seen.

I have a lt1 camaro with delta 40 flowmaster and no cats....it sounds awesome and that's the sound I want, I just want true duals and want to run dumps.....any ideas
Old 08-18-2011, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the sweet thunder chambered mufflers on the TSP setup.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Love my sweet thunders....they are quite loud tho.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

I can't get enough of my bullets.

http://www.youtube.com/user/4drspeed#p/u/29/qJ22KBraauE
Old 08-18-2011, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Borla XR1 40085 FTW!!! Guaranteed
Old 08-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Launching!

As far as mounting to your headers just cut off the flanges and you will be in business.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Texas Speed doesn't use Dynomax bullets anymore. With that said, go with the bullets. Loud, but still have great tone and little to no drone.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fmaster 1 chambers. More of a NASCAR sound but sound amazing, very unique.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Teching In

I have the sweet thunders on mine and have yet to come across anyone that did not like the sound. On cold starts it is loud enough to literally vibrate the door panels. Was sitting at a local drive-in few years back, there were a few young girls sitting around outside eating when I fired the car up one of them screamed real loud because it scared her. That was the day I knew I chose the right muffler.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

love the way my 4" Dynatec splitflow sounds at the end of my y-pipe. may be a little raspy for your taste though but man does it scream up top.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

Sweet thunders hands down. I have heard all of the options and sweet thunders sound the best. get compliments all day long. Loud as hell on WOT. Sets off car alarms all the times, scares females, but just cruising its bareable and can carry on a convo
Old 08-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Launching!

sounds like I can't go wrong with bullets or sweet thunders. Thanks
Old 08-22-2011, 02:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Running TSP Bullets here dumped.. Pure bad *** muscle sound!! Pretty loud, but not over whelming. I believe the sweet thunders are the loudest. You will love the bullets.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

This will start an up roar, but not intended...

You guys saying you like bullets, have any of you heard FM 1 chambers?
I have yet to meet 1 person that prefers the sound of a bullet to a 1 chamber when they have heard a few setups of both. They just sound loud compared to a 1 chamber, there is no "tone"... Or at least not a good one. I have not heard sweet thunders I don't believe so I can't comment on that.

A buddy of mine had a 408... We were sitting at the car wash and went to pull out and as I passed the bay he was sitting in with my car (Ms4 cam 1 chambers before the axle) he started his car... I actually got out and went over and asked what was wrong with his car because it sounded like ****. He shook his head and said he switched to bullets because everyone praised them. I told him he needed to switch ASAP and he said he already had an appointment that Monday to get the 1 chambers back on. He didn't even have them for a full 3 days. It took all the tone and aggressiveness out of it and just sounded loud, like open headers kind of tone but not quite as loud.

It is pure opinion depending on what your ears hear but IMO bullets sound like *** hole to 1 chambers to me.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12
This will start an up roar, but not intended...

You guys saying you like bullets, have any of you heard FM 1 chambers?
I have yet to meet 1 person that prefers the sound of a bullet to a 1 chamber when they have heard a few setups of both. They just sound loud compared to a 1 chamber, there is no "tone"... Or at least not a good one. I have not heard sweet thunders I don't believe so I can't comment on that.

A buddy of mine had a 408... We were sitting at the car wash and went to pull out and as I passed the bay he was sitting in with my car (Ms4 cam 1 chambers before the axle) he started his car... I actually got out and went over and asked what was wrong with his car because it sounded like ****. He shook his head and said he switched to bullets because everyone praised them. I told him he needed to switch ASAP and he said he already had an appointment that Monday to get the 1 chambers back on. He didn't even have them for a full 3 days. It took all the tone and aggressiveness out of it and just sounded loud, like open headers kind of tone but not quite as loud.

It is pure opinion depending on what your ears hear but IMO bullets sound like *** hole to 1 chambers to me.
Agreed %100!!! I've had sweet thunders, bullets & spiral flows all of which sounded like ***.. No tone & annoying as hell driving.. The 1 chambers sound great, but were a lil to droney on the inside for me.. I switched to a set of super 44's & love my car all over again.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Launching!

Would flowmaster 1 chambers sound like a flowmaster delta 44? Thats the muffler on my lt1 and I love it. That's the deep sound I'm going for.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by QIK E
Would flowmaster 1 chambers sound like a flowmaster delta 44? Thats the muffler on my lt1 and I love it. That's the deep sound I'm going for.
I have no idea.. I know all Flowmasters have the same "base sound"... Although the flomaster isn't much of a "muffler" anyway.

They sound amazing, WAY better than any type of bullet.

IMO if you want a loud free flowing exhaust, it is HANDS DOWN the best muffler to use.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Well I went ahead with the sweet thunder because they didn't have the option of flownasters on the website, but I figure if I don't like them, I switch. Thanks

Quick Reply: TSP true duals..Which muffler?