Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 SS. 425 HP goal...help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mawilso24
I understand the point you are making. 425 seems like a nice achievable number to obtain that wouldnt over due anything, and still give me a nice ride on the weekends when I cruise around. I didn't mention in my initial post, that I have some nitto's nto5r's sitting in my garage. So when I build up my top end, they along with a stall would be integrated into my car. No matter what head and cam combo I go with, a stall and radials will be placed on the car. Maybe I didn't make myself clear earlier. So when looking at your two scenarios above, why settle for just a car that has only a stall and radials when what I want to do to my car would actually include stall, tires, a cam and heads? Wouldn't you want this type of car if you had your choice? The best of both worlds.

If I had it my way, it would have 4.11 gears and a clutch pedal!

But seriously, you need the tires and stall in these cars. From a stop, 425RWHP on stock tires/suspension is not going to feel as badass as a car with some real tires and a stall.

If you have the tires - great! Now get the stall and THEN worry about your dyno numbers.

OR swap in a 6 speed - I kid I kid.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The trick flow 215 will net you about 40hp. a zo6 cam has been shown a 15hp jump on the dyno. a ls6 intake will add 12-15 as been proven. with the tfs head a thinner gasket to tighten the quench and since you said stock sounding cam the z06 cam will net you the goal you are looking for. on good tires and a stall you will have a pretty good running car that will get you your goals.

Quick Reply: 2001 SS. 425 HP goal...help.