Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My True Dual Exhaust 3" over the axle

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s346k
**** those haters. it's funny to read how all those guys think these cars are ******* bugattis and only a mandrel bent, stainless setup costing $250 is the way to go, otherwise it's junk and you (impersonal) paid too much. dumbasses.

i had a crush bent 3" x true dual setup on my a4 car that was dumped at the axle. i got all kinds of flack for having "crush bends"...fact of the matter is, my junkass pacesetter header crush bent **** was dragging their stainless works etc etc etc junk left and right. no one gave a **** what exhaust my car had on it when all they could see was the tail lights.

what mufflers are those? got any sound clips? what is interior noise like? drone? is that setup raspy? sorry if you answered these questions already, i read the thread but could've missed it.

If you can get a mandrel bent stainless setup for $250, lemme know.
My car may not be a Bugatti, not that I'd get one of those anyways, but it is relatively nice and I don't want it looking like crap, droning, rasping, etc. Not saying all dumps look like crap, but...mandrel bends look better, so does stainless, and tucked well. I'm personally not saying I'm going for all of that, but it does look a hell of a lot better and some places it doesn't cost too much.

Last edited by Guitar; 10-16-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TImmy_Jones
thanks man. An ls1 car with only 70k miles is damn near brand new. Mind pm-ing me some finished pics of the exhaust? I could give a **** about the price, people want you to post the price so they can whine that it's too high or so low, for bad quality.
Not true. I was curious as I live in Ohio and want a TD setup as well..
Old 10-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 6898camaross
Y'all need to chill the **** out who cares what it looks like IT'S UNDER THE CAR WHERE NOONE CAN SEE IT when I do my it will look like shot but I don't care as long as it sounds like I want it I will be happy not everyone wants to mortgage their house to pay for an exhaust that no one will ever see who cares if it's platinum with diamonds on the inside to spiral the flow of exhaust or some other bullshit people fall for

OP: I think it looks great as long as you like it **** everyone else
Well Put 6898Camaross!

This thread has me rethinking my exhaust options, Looks not my first concern for exhaust. I just finished painting my 2nd hand headers, next will be that tacky header wrap
Old 10-18-2011, 07:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Guitar

If you can get a mandrel bent stainless setup for $250, lemme know.
My car may not be a Bugatti, not that I'd get one of those anyways, but it is relatively nice and I don't want it looking like crap, droning, rasping, etc. Not saying all dumps look like crap, but...mandrel bends look better, so does stainless, and tucked well. I'm personally not saying I'm going for all of that, but it does look a hell of a lot better and some places it doesn't cost too much.
of course stainless mandrel work looks better. stainless anything looks better than unfinished steel. i am naturally a function > form guy, at the very least; getting on this website is good for a laugh in that regard.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I saw the 1st pic undercar my first thought was dayum thats a nasty rusty undercarriage, & it is for an 02. The 2nd pic with the TDs completed, better & no not a pretty kooks TDs but not nearly as expensive either. I think it looks pretty damn good how everything is run. I like it. You did clean it up a lil, which helps. Even without mandrel bends being 3' it'll easily outflow an ORY.

Originally Posted by 02ws.sik
If it over 300 its too much i could have did what ever that is?!?!?!
Why cuz you work at a muffler shop? Really think if he paid more than that he got ripped?

Last edited by flintwrench69; 10-18-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

So what was the price?
Old 10-19-2011, 12:17 AM
Teching In

I think it looks great
Old 10-23-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you like it, who gives a **** what someone else has to say about it. i bet it flows very well.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looks good enjoy!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DWake
I think that looks great. No rubbing anywhere?
Thanks, No rubbing , no banging and its high and tight the lowest point is the driver side header.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

**** those haters. it's funny to read how all those guys think these cars are ******* bugattis and only a mandrel bent, stainless setup costing $250 is the way to go, otherwise it's junk and you (impersonal) paid too much. dumbasses.

i had a crush bent 3" x true dual setup on my a4 car that was dumped at the axle. i got all kinds of flack for having "crush bends"...fact of the matter is, my junkass pacesetter header crush bent **** was dragging their stainless works etc etc etc junk left and right. no one gave a **** what exhaust my car had on it when all they could see was the tail lights.

what mufflers are those? got any sound clips? what is interior noise like? drone? is that setup raspy? sorry if you answered these questions already, i read the thread but could've missed it.
The mufflers are custom also.The muffler that I wanted to use was a Borla Pro XS #40359 but its case is too wide to fit up behide the rear bumper. The muffler they start with is the same size 14" x 4" x 9 1/2" they cut it down to 7 1/2" open it up ,stuff it with a special material .And they re cope the end caps and reweld the case back . The end result is a offset -offset 14 x 4 x 7 1/2" muffler ,similar to Kooks 300-12 . The sound is just great !
Old 10-26-2011, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Amazingly the mufflers are not loud at all ,they are pretty quite at idle but come to life at 2 grand .They have good deep tone ,nice rumble, no rasp or drone sound at all.The mufflers were not shortened the case was narrowed by 2" which was less than 20% area volume reduction.They are still 14" long which is 2" longer than the Kooks muffler that I compared it to. Let me say this , the engine is not broke in yet and I have yet to take it over 3 grand no WOT runs til then.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Dnt listen to them man, it looks good. Some people on here just love to talk and their car is a POS!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:34 AM
Banned

"What's your problem, Kazanski?"

Your car looks clean, ALL the rears rust in these cars because GM didn't paint them!

These guys posting up about your car looking rusted bad are effed up in the brain and don't know **** anyways..........

Last edited by O2Form; 10-29-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

***** em. I think it looks good, i like the mufflers. It looks ten times better than my DIY exhaust.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zbinkley
***** em. I think it looks good, i like the mufflers. It looks ten times better than my DIY exhaust.
Yes, some have put the mouth on my system and pretty much called it a POS. Well Friday at the tuners it resulted a of dyno 372 rwhp not bad for a crappy exhaust.Just imagine if I had a real nice mandrel job, maybe 400 hp ,LOL not.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

1, ignore other peoples opinions regarding your exhaust, it's probably better than stock for flow.
2, I personally would spend a whole lotta time correcting the rust on your car body and floor pan with some Navel Jelly or similar and a barrier like por or even Rustolium, and don't forget the insides of the body panels and doors.
Instead of spending money on wants, get the needs taken care of first. Otherwise your car will have huge gaping rust belt cancer holes.
I'm from the midwest and lost a few cars to rust when I was a young man, which I could have corrected........Salt n snow=suck.
Good luck with you build and enjoy that Ls1.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Teching In

Looks good man. I actually like how it is ran over the axle. Pretty nice looking setup. Could you Pm me with the rough price. I have someone close to me who says they can do it but I think they are asking a little much.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brian g
1, ignore other peoples opinions regarding your exhaust, it's probably better than stock for flow.
2, I personally would spend a whole lotta time correcting the rust on your car body and floor pan with some Navel Jelly or similar and a barrier like por or even Rustolium, and don't forget the insides of the body panels and doors.
Instead of spending money on wants, get the needs taken care of first. Otherwise your car will have huge gaping rust belt cancer holes.
I'm from the midwest and lost a few cars to rust when I was a young man, which I could have corrected........Salt n snow=suck.
Good luck with you build and enjoy that Ls1.
The doors on our cars are not steel ,they are some kind of molded composite ,I believe.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by duffy_3554
Looks good man. I actually like how it is ran over the axle. Pretty nice looking setup. Could you Pm me with the rough price. I have someone close to me who says they can do it but I think they are asking a little much.
What part of the country are you from? PM me I will try to help.

Quick Reply: My True Dual Exhaust 3" over the axle