Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger bank no firing

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger bank no firing

Ok ya'll, I have a bit of an issue. Right now the car fired up and ran fine cool. Once out on the road and cruisin it started misfiring. This happened before, and we were pretty sure it was a loose connection from harness to coils. You could wiggle the connector and the passenger bank would fire and then miss. now this has absolutely no affect. The battery was shot, so we just replaced that as well and no change. anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-18-2011, 07:33 PM
12 Second Club

check the pins in that connector to the passenger coils.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

we had 1 that was slightly bent... straightened it out and it was running fine until i got about 3 miles of driving... then pop n crack started missing again.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

gonna swap out the plugs again and the o2 sensor on the pass. bank. hopefully the new battery, fresh plugs and fresh o2 will fix the issue.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

ok, so i just went out and played with the pass side coil pack connector(big white one) since that has seemed to be the issue the whole time. looked like the ground female connection is a little loose. So i bent the male end up just a touch. fired it up and seemed to run much better. actually was idling right and you can def. tell when it's hittin on all 8! it's still droppin that whole bank intermittently when i rev it and try to drive it. I'm guessin possibly replace that whole connector? this is drivin me nuts
Old 09-22-2011, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtxvvapsyfA

actually sounds decent now. jst got get this damn gremlin fixed
Old 09-25-2011, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

here's the pass side o2. i'm guessin the plugs are gonna be looking real bad as well... going to replace the o2 and the plugs and see how it runs.
Attached Thumbnails Passenger bank no firing-o2sensor.jpg  
Old 09-25-2011, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

well, swapped out 02's, ran great. then found a pcv leak, fixed that and it ran perfect. then back to droppin a bank and sputtering. 99% sure it's now a PCM issue. Either a voltage spike from the alt. or a bad pcm. I had gotten a mail tune from TSP who said that the pcm was fine at the time. so we are gonna swap out the alt. first.

also, the rear o2's aren't maintaining a number. they are set at 447 but will jump up and down randomly every once in a while...