Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Manual Belt Tensioner?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

This is the one I use. Never had another issue and it comes with a new pulley with a higher sidewall all for $100

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-LS2-LSX-...a16b90&vxp=mtr
Old 01-14-2013, 05:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the newera one

Took what was wrong, and problems with the other styles. Doesn't use a cheaper normal shoulder bolt with the head ground down, that the face will rust. And when you thin the head you loose the hex depth for good tool engagement to tighten the bolt. And its all stainless so it will not rust ever, when the bolt is not stainless the shoulder part has no finish and will rust inside the pivot and not move free. Took the body and base, and machined out all extra alum to make it lighter.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by studderin
I like the newera one

Took what was wrong, and problems with the other styles. Doesn't use a cheaper normal shoulder bolt with the head ground down, that the face will rust. And when you thin the head you loose the hex depth for good tool engagement to tighten the bolt. And its all stainless so it will not rust ever, when the bolt is not stainless the shoulder part has no finish and will rust inside the pivot and not move free. Took the body and base, and machined out all extra alum to make it lighter.
This one? Looks like a nice piece!!

Old 01-14-2013, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya, I forgot too. they have the corners opened up were you put the 3/8 ratchet in. So after being used for a long time its still nice. The soft alum gets warn after use, and the square corners don't stay nice and square you just let all the tighten force on them all the time.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:06 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

AEICNC.com

Quick Reply: Best Manual Belt Tensioner?