Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best inexpensive long tubes for 2002 Z/28???

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So just tsp headers are good for the money?
Old 12-25-2011, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have more details on the OBX Headers? Probably made in China is my guess. Where are you guys buying them? Where are the full kits listed on the internet?

Thanks
Old 12-25-2011, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nastyiroc
So just tsp headers are good for the money?
Come on man, are you even reading these posts. No, there are a lot of brands that are good for the money: Pacesetter's, BBK's, TSP, etc. You need to figure out how much your willing to spend first, decide if you want 1 3/4th, 1 7/8th, or stepped, then what finish: SS, coated, or painted. Also think about where you realistically see your car down the road(future mods).

I can honestly tell ya when I did my header purchase I was trying to spend the least amount as possible also, so I skimped out on SS and just bought coated headers which I dreadfully regret now. Of course, back then I didn't have a realistic view of where I pictured my car would be and TSP didn't offer their 1 7/8th in SS. So the best advice I would say is get what you really want/need and just save up if you can't afford them now.

I went with coated Pacesetter's b/c in my opinion there the best bang for the buck header out there: offer o/r version, slip fit design, 3" collector & Ypipe, good fitment & 16 gauge. If I could do it all over again I'd prob go with TSP's new 1 7/8th LT's since I'll be changing my motor mounts anyway and there SS, and a great quality piece with a great price tag.

Last edited by Snake_Skinner; 12-26-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kinglt-1

there not 1 7/8 nor are they STAINLESS
^ They just started doing them in SS I'm pretty sure and that first new batch hadn't even come out yet when I wrote that post probably.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

Default obx headers

[QUOTE=StraightTimeStirrups;15767124]Anyone have more details on the OBX Headers? Probably made in China is my guess. Where are you guys buying them? Where are the full kits listed on the internet?

Obx is aa very great header set up I have talked to 10 people that had these installed and I asked them how the install was,how the quality was welds fitment etc,how they are holding up after install some have them on their for over a year and no rust the stainless steel is holding up.Also asked them about the performance and sound and 10 people say its incrediable!Here is the link were you can get a set of OBX full header system

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Headers-...item2eb9e58660
Old 01-16-2012, 12:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

still on the fence.... I want the best investment and easy install
Old 01-17-2012, 02:08 PM
FormerVendor

We prefer American Racing's longtube system! We've made great power using these headers. Best investment and a great install! check out all our exhaust options on our online store and let me know if we can be of anymore help!

https://www.vengeancerd.com/ecart/ca...Header-Systems
Old 01-18-2012, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Kinda on a (college kid) budget
Old 01-18-2012, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not going to lie man, I have the eBay headers from Pal-Performance and they slid it great and mate up to my TSP ORY perfect and don't bang or hit anything if you want to take another chance on eBay headers to save some money, but if not I'd go with the TSP's, those are the ones I wanted to go with but they were out of stock, but so far I haven't regretted the eBay's. Another thing, is your tunnel brace still on? When I first put my headers on, my car rattled and all kinds of crap and I found out my ORY was just laying up top of my tunnel brace so I just took it off and the cars perfectly smooth now. Might want to check that, might help the rattling if it's still on there.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Pacesetter has the easiest install in my book.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
Pacesetter has the easiest install in my book.
Agreed! For a budget header pacesetters fit great. Although I just installed 1 7/8 kooks and they by far fit better than hooker or pacesetter 1 3/4 imo. Ill take pics and post up a new thread with the kooks headers/ true duals installed soon.

that being said ill sell my 1 3/4 hookers for 100.00 plus shipping if anybody is interested...pm me!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Teching In

i just got a brand new set of stainless steel 1 7/8 headers from texas speed for around 500...and they fit perfect! also have their y pipe and cpouldnt be more happy. They are making stainless headers to put everyone elses prices to shame