Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine dowel pin

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine dowel pin

I bought a good 5.3 a while back and noticed its missing an engine to transmission dowel pin, ya know theres 2 that locate and center the transmission to the engine, does anyone have a spare floating around they wouldnt mind selling me?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

I had the same problem, I got these

http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/37932/10002/-1
Old 11-24-2011, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

I just got back from my parents house for dinner... My dad gave me a piece of .625 solid brass... I mean since theres no real load on this pin other than to line up the engine and transmission I feel it will be ok.. Ill cut it to fit, and chamfer both ends so there is no sharp edges.. then ill warm up the hole with a propane torch on low and toss the dowel in the freezer and hopefully it should slide it with some light tapping..
Old 11-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doubt you'll have to heat it up at all, my 5.3 was missing one also and I used a punch and hammer and got one from my ls1...just tap it from the back side.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Revoroller
Doubt you'll have to heat it up at all, my 5.3 was missing one also and I used a punch and hammer and got one from my ls1...just tap it from the back side.
Your right, i chamfered the edges and tapped it in, worked perfectly.. i love freebies!
Old 07-19-2017, 08:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beeterolds
Your right, i chamfered the edges and tapped it in, worked perfectly.. i love freebies!
Don't want to resurrect a years old dead thread, I installed my motor into the car with a missing dowel pin. Obviously i need to put a new one in. When you say that you tapped it in from the back side do you mean the transmission side or the back side being the front of the car, in an installed position?

I'm hoping its the latter.

Quick Reply: Engine dowel pin