Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF? Jet Hot catted Y

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 12:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default WTF? Jet Hot catted Y

Hey guys I got the jet hot catted y-pipe. I highly advise anyone that is going to get one of these DON'T!!! I thought by getting this Y-pipe I would not throw a code but yes it still throws codes. Well I should have spent less money and got an offroad y-pipe instead. Do not get the catted y-pipe it a waste of money!
Old 03-13-2004, 01:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

definitely going to agree w/ you there.....trying to put that thing is a pain in the ***...dont waste the money
Old 03-13-2004, 06:35 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well first off why dont you pull the codes if you havent already and see what there related too and did you **** with any other sensors or systems during your header install.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jrp
well first off why dont you pull the codes if you havent already and see what there related too and did you **** with any other sensors or systems during your header install.
It them o2 sensor codes P0420 and P0430. I was told that it is because there is too much **** going thru the cats. It kinda sucks man, spending the money thinking that it would work but no it dont well you gotta watch what you spend your money on I guess.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

I got the Jet Hot setup for my 98 Convertible. I have had a couple of problem. I am getting codes:

P0134 HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor
P0155 HO2S Heater Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 1
P0155 HO2S Heater Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 1

Anyone have any ideas? The other problem is fitment. The Y pipe DOES NOT clear the convertibles oversized cross member as it does on the hard top. The notched section is about 1" too short. Jet Hot has agreed to take it back and recoat it after I have it reshaped. At least they are standing behind the product.

Chuck
Old 03-13-2004, 10:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

ive had the heater codes but hat was only due to wonderfull new england weather and extened cold idles. clear code and all set.
Old 03-14-2004, 12:46 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got the jet hot offroad "T" pipe. Not a typo its a "T" pipe not a "Y" pipe. Fits like ****. Im going to call jet-hot, if they said they would recoat yours maybe the will take mine back.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It is well known that even high flow cats will throw those codes. Should've asked around last time.

You can get rid of the codes with o2 simms or with ls1edit programming.

Dope
Old 03-15-2004, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Confused, HELP!!

So the jet hot catted y-pipe wont let you pass emmissions or it just makes ur ses light go on, i'm not understanding these "codes" your saying it threw. I really want the jet hot headers but the only other y-pipe w/ cats is the qtp that will fit the jet hots, and supposedly this one doesnt have fittings for the o2 sensors so i dont know how i'm going to pass emmissions?
Old 03-15-2004, 05:41 PM
12 Second Club

**** if you gotta pass emmissions you might as well put the stock exhaust manifolds back on for the inspection. Than take um off that is what I would do but my car is registered in hawaii and im in the military I dont get affected w/ emmissions stuff much
Old 03-15-2004, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
**** if you gotta pass emmissions you might as well put the stock exhaust manifolds back on for the inspection. Than take um off that is what I would do but my car is registered in hawaii and im in the military I dont get affected w/ emmissions stuff much
Damn! How come you say it like its a wierd thing that i have to pass emmissions...dont all cars have to go through it?
Old 03-15-2004, 06:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What you need to do will depend on the type of emissions testing your state does... if it is the OBDII testing only, then this problem is easily solved. Just get some o2 sims for your rear o2s and you'll be fine... just clear any codes you have AFTER you put the o2 sims on and you shouldn't throw any more codes, and you'll pass an OBDII emissions test.

Hell, I have no cats on my car and I'll still pass the OBDII emissions test in my state because I don't throw any codes with the o2 sims on.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
What you need to do will depend on the type of emissions testing your state does... if it is the OBDII testing only, then this problem is easily solved. Just get some o2 sims for your rear o2s and you'll be fine... just clear any codes you have AFTER you put the o2 sims on and you shouldn't throw any more codes, and you'll pass an OBDII emissions test.

Hell, I have no cats on my car and I'll still pass the OBDII emissions test in my state because I don't throw any codes with the o2 sims on.
I see, what exactly do u mean clear codes, how do i do all this stuff w/ codes. Also how did u find out about what kind of testing your state does? Thanks for the help!
Old 03-15-2004, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,447 Likes on 1,005 Posts

A friend and I just put the Jet Hot catted Y pipe on my 99 T/A this weekend. Car has MTI mail order tune and o2 simms. No codes. Of course the car wasn't throwing codes with the Mufflex off road set up either.

Found a good picture on LS1tech that really helped with getting the Y pipe oriented correctly before putting in on the car. Had to twist the it a little with channel locks but all in all went pretty well.

My old Mufflex wasn't aligned properly and had to have one pipe cut apart and re-welded no such problems with the Jet Hot.

The Jet Hot set up is chessy and I can't wait to get the car inspected and switch back to the Mufflex. Car is so quiet with the cats it sounds stock.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

the cats will pass the sniffer thats it thats all there for
Old 05-19-2004, 10:38 PM
Teching In

where is the pic of the catted y so i know how it goes together right? thanks