Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Emissions question regarding no EGR or Air?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another Emissions question regarding no EGR or Air?

Alright well here in Quebec there wasn't any emissions at all when i moved here. Now they just passed a law and in about 2 years all cars will have to go through emissions. I have full exhaust, no cats, no air or EGR. If i get cats welded on, is there a good shot of passing or do i have to do more to make it pass. They don't even know how they are gonna implement the test(apparently through CAA=AAA). Anyone live in a strict state with emissons and pass with just cats, no air/egr? I don't think i can add back the egr/air setup since my headers don't have the setup for it.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would depend how they are doing the emmisions test. Is it visual? You would surely fail then. Around here they switched to just plugging it in for OBDII cars, which just means getting stuff tuned out. If you have visual and/or the sniffer, may have to change some things.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

here's a question. if you left all the air and egr in place but put block off plates on so visually, everything was there. then got the codes tuned out, would you be able to pass the sniffer?
Old 12-10-2011, 05:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2QuikTA
It would depend how they are doing the emmisions test. Is it visual? You would surely fail then. Around here they switched to just plugging it in for OBDII cars, which just means getting stuff tuned out. If you have visual and/or the sniffer, may have to change some things.
Well knowing the Quebec govt. Probably anything to get more money so im doubting they will even use an obd2 test since they are actually going to use a sniffer since its emissions testings.