Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudmouth 1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TransAmWS.6
Just out of curiosity, why do you say this? Corsa makes a very nice quality system, just a bit pricey
Who in their right mind would drop over $1,000 on a cat-back for a 10+ year old car? The flow isn't going to be any better, the only thing you're paying for is the rare sound and the name. The sound can be nearly duplicated with one of their mufflers, instead of buying the whole cat-back.
Not to mention, the cheapest of the bunch, SLP, makes theirs with the high quality stainless steel which basically lasts the life of the vehicle, same for Corsa. It's just too pricey for a cat-back.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:42 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by PheonixLS1
Ok, no matter what I read whether it be on this thread or any other thread on LM1's its the same thing over and over. It either sounds like *** or it doesn't. Opinions are just that, OPINIONS. Just like ********, everyone has one and they all stink.LOL! Everyone says they are drony, raspy, hollow sounding pcs of ****. However, I have a TD, Hi-flow cat, X-pipe, LT, LM1 setup and it is not raspy, hollow sounding, drony ****. Very deep, throaty, and quality sounding, and loud as hell! But again, this is an opinion, but I have had NOTHING but complements on how my car sounds and that includes old school, ole timers who grew up around and know what a TRUE muscle car should sound like and they say the sound brings them back to the " good ole days " when they had their cars. OP, take all this for what its worth, in the end its ALL about what YOU like. And I know I probably seem like a total *** but this is all typed, so no tone nor attitude can be determined so dont assume thats how I'm being cause its really not.
And that's the difference between a Y pipe set up and an X PIPE! You answered your own question.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Lol!! I never asked a question
Old 04-17-2012, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PheonixLS1
Ok, no matter what I read whether it be on this thread or any other thread on LM1's its the same thing over and over. It either sounds like *** or it doesn't. Opinions are just that, OPINIONS. Just like ********, everyone has one and they all stink.LOL! Everyone says they are drony, raspy, hollow sounding pcs of ****. However, I have a TD, Hi-flow cat, X-pipe, LT, LM1 setup and it is not raspy, hollow sounding, drony ****. Very deep, throaty, and quality sounding, and loud as hell! But again, this is an opinion, but I have had NOTHING but complements on how my car sounds and that includes old school, ole timers who grew up around and know what a TRUE muscle car should sound like and they say the sound brings them back to the " good ole days " when they had their cars. OP, take all this for what its worth, in the end its ALL about what YOU like. And I know I probably seem like a total *** but this is all typed, so no tone nor attitude can be determined so dont assume thats how I'm being cause its really not.
As stated above, while not expressly written as a question, it is implied; and you went ahead and answered it. Basically you have a TD system that has LM I resonators. Which is the only thing it shares with a basic LM I catback. That catback when paired with LT's and an ORY with a less than ideal merge produces some unpleasant sounds. The problem is not the design of the muffler/resonator as proven by your setup. The problem is the whole combination.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could honestly care less if my car has a nice mellow tone. Id rather have that nascar sound anyday. I do however have a Jeep as my dd
Old 04-17-2012, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MikeWS6
I could honestly care less if my car has a nice mellow tone. Id rather have that nascar sound anyday. I do however have a Jeep as my dd
Then duals with an X-pipe would be the appropriate configuration.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
Then duals with an X-pipe would be the appropriate configuration.
Maybe with lm1's
Old 04-17-2012, 06:56 PM
The Scammer Hammer

I've got a LM1 resonator for sale.....
Old 04-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
I've got a LM1 resonator for sale.....
Lol, nobody wants that.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:14 PM
The Scammer Hammer

I've noticed....
Old 04-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Drew WS6
I plan on doing Mac LT's with the ORY. She is gonna purr when it's done )
I have pacesetter long tubes and tsp ory into all loudmouth 1 and its pretty loud, I'm definitely going to get a ticket lol, sounds mean but can get a little raspy. All my friends that have heard it says its mean sounding...
Old 07-20-2012, 06:37 AM
On The Tree

Reviving this dead thread with a small clip of the exhaust on my car after we installed it.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:42 AM
Captain Double Post

Lm1 on a stock car sounds great,its after mods that they go to crap,after my cam,longtubes,ory,heads,etc they really do sound like crap, but when my car was stock with the lm1 i thought it had a perfect tone
Old 07-20-2012, 06:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Lm1 on a stock car sounds great,its after mods that they go to crap,after my cam,longtubes,ory,heads,etc they really do sound like crap, but when my car was stock with the lm1 i thought it had a perfect tone
I have heard it with ory and lts and I thought it sounded sick. Might just be because I am 19..but yeah.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Drew WS6
I have heard it with ory and lts and I thought it sounded sick. Might just be because I am 19..but yeah.
From 2300-3000 rpms it does sound legitimately sick, as in illness. Sound great after you pass that rpm. I could not stand the rasp, was just aweful.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
From 2300-3000 rpms it does sound legitimately sick, as in illness. Sound great after you pass that rpm. I could not stand the rasp, was just aweful.
Well once I get them installed I will see what it sounds like and might switch up from the loudmouth.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Im tryin to decide on an exhaust. (catback) I like the slp loudmouth 1 but I will be making and 8 hour drive about 5x a year so I am just wondering how bad the drone will be on a %100 stock car. I plan on leaving it stock for the next few years too. Opinions appreciated.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:35 AM
The Scammer Hammer

As stated before, 100% stock, manifolds and cats, you're good to go, and the drone isn't noticeable.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by across281
Im tryin to decide on an exhaust. (catback) I like the slp loudmouth 1 but I will be making and 8 hour drive about 5x a year so I am just wondering how bad the drone will be on a %100 stock car. I plan on leaving it stock for the next few years too. Opinions appreciated.
I put the LM1 on my hawk with no other big mods for a couple years. Drove it everyday and everynight as a daily driver. Drove it to the beach every year, 2.5 hours away. Yes, it had rasp and drone, but I loved it. Then I installed the ARheaders with their high flow cats and their Y and the sound is incrediable. I drove about 65 miles a day and I loved the sound. I even carried a 80 year old lady once a week for a ride around the city she never complained! Then again you can hide alot of the sound if you care to.
Then I installed the ARheaders with their high flow cats and their Y and the sound is incrediable. I love it more. Yes it still has some rasp and some drone. I had no plans of doing a cam so I wasnt worried about the sound. I still take the 80 year old lady for a ride. I have heard a trans am in person, with LM1 , cam, off road pipe and it was not the sound I wanted.I now only drive it on nice days.

Last edited by sleepinghawk; 02-24-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Ok cool thanks for replying I just love the sound.

Quick Reply: Loudmouth 1?