Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP dumped true duals to full rear exit exhaust kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP dumped true duals to full rear exit exhaust kit?

So I have all the parts for the off road y setup, including an electric cutout, but I am now thinking of going with the tsp dumped true duals with sweet thunders.

I don't want to have the dumped but rather an exhaust that exits at the rear of my car. Since I want the rest of the exhaust piping to be mandrel bent, and no one around where I live does mandrel bending, I found a kit on ebay. Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Camaro-Trans...item256c0d08dc

Here is another link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-02-Camaro...item23124ff4a2

I can't tell the difference between the two other than the price. Have any of you bought one of these kits, and if so how well did they work out? Thanks!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a custom layout exactly like that, clearance was great
Old 01-31-2012, 09:13 AM
Launching!

I bought one of those kits. There both the same, just one is more expensive is all. Kinda like there suckering someone into buying the $230 kit.

I haven't put them on yet. I test fitted them and the hangers are in the correct location, but they come up short with the tsp td's. There is prob a 3-4" if not bigger gap between the under axle pipe and the bullet, so I have to get some 3" pipe to make up for the gap. Also, they come up short exiting the bumper. They stop prob 10" to 1ft from the bumper. I maybe able to fix this with the "cannon" style tips that are 10" long, but haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.

Imo, there nice pipes I think they are speced for a different set up though. It will def need some work if you get them. A muffler shop shouldn't charge to much to make them work.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

or you could buy the correct length of stainless, and have the shop bend them properly.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blk98Vert
I had a custom layout exactly like that, clearance was great
Awesome thanks for the reply! Good to know clearance was great.

Originally Posted by bstuby
I bought one of those kits. There both the same, just one is more expensive is all. Kinda like there suckering someone into buying the $230 kit.

I haven't put them on yet. I test fitted them and the hangers are in the correct location, but they come up short with the tsp td's. There is prob a 3-4" if not bigger gap between the under axle pipe and the bullet, so I have to get some 3" pipe to make up for the gap. Also, they come up short exiting the bumper. They stop prob 10" to 1ft from the bumper. I maybe able to fix this with the "cannon" style tips that are 10" long, but haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.

Imo, there nice pipes I think they are speced for a different set up though. It will def need some work if you get them. A muffler shop shouldn't charge to much to make them work.
Hope this helps.
I kinda figured they were exactly the same kit, but they just hope someone happens to buy the more expensive one, which I could see happen to someone.

Anyways, thanks for all the great info. I appreciate it! As long as the rest of the piping I would have to add are straight pieces, it doesn't matter to me, haha.

Originally Posted by justin hover
or you could buy the correct length of stainless, and have the shop bend them properly.
I would do that but like I said, I want mandrel bent exhaust, and no one around where I live does mandrel bending...
Old 01-31-2012, 12:47 PM
Launching!

I hope you dont plan to lower you vehicle, otherwise, I'd stay away from under-axle exhaust. We scrape enough as it is.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had mine run out the back into a CME for $235 at a local well known exhaust shop.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hiram007
I hope you dont plan to lower you vehicle, otherwise, I'd stay away from under-axle exhaust. We scrape enough as it is.
+1. Over the axle for sure with this set up.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

It would be nice to have over the axle, but to be honest, I have yet to find an exhaust shop around here competent enough to do over the axle. The last exhaust shop I was at didn't even know what a merge on a y pipe was...

Originally Posted by 01CaMMMaro
I had mine run out the back into a CME for $235 at a local well known exhaust shop.
Btw, your CME looks nice!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:26 PM
Launching!

Same here, the last guy I asked to do mine over the axle just kinda looked at me funny and said "I can't do that type of stuff" lol. I'm just going to get a couple flanges and weld them on, so I can take the extensions off when I want it to be stupid loud.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bstuby
Same here, the last guy I asked to do mine over the axle just kinda looked at me funny and said "I can't do that type of stuff" lol. I'm just going to get a couple flanges and weld them on, so I can take the extensions off when I want it to be stupid loud.
Haha that's some funny ****! It must be a midwest thing. Idiots.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Texas-speed should make a kit that extends there duals over the axle to the rear bumper. I bet they would sell that hotcakes!!!! Options are always a nice thing.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sscamaroburn02
Texas-speed should make a kit that extends there duals over the axle to the rear bumper. I bet they would sell that hotcakes!!!! Options are always a nice thing.
^This!! I agree 100 percent. I am actually surprised they don't already have a kit like that for sale. Maybe they will come and chime in on our thoughts??
Old 02-01-2012, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

I don't really care for tips on camaro is reason I got rid of mine but you could always do a turn down style so they are not very noticeable.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by torkls1
Haha that's some funny ****! It must be a midwest thing. Idiots.
Nope, had a guy here tell me it on the Camaro as well.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

I don't really care for tips on camaro is reason I got rid of mine but you could always do a turn down style so they are not very noticeable.
I actually like my tips that I have on my camaro right now, but to each his own.

Originally Posted by Guitar
Nope, had a guy here tell me it on the Camaro as well.
What do you mean? Sorry I'm completely missing what you're saying lol.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually like my tips that I have on my camaro right now, but to each his own.

What do you mean? Sorry I'm completely missing what you're saying lol.
Plenty of inexperienced exhaust shops say they can't do OTA on the F-bodies. That is what I had a shop tell me here when I called about getting my Camaro done.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Launching!

My brother is in the same boat, looks waaaaaaaay better dumped on a camaro. Because of how the rear end is set up. Definitely can pull it off.

^This!! I agree 100 percent. I am actually surprised they don't already have a kit like that for sale. Maybe they will come and chime in on our thoughts??
X2. For us Trans Am guys, getting a dumped exhaust looks pretty stupid in the rear. Can't bring myself to spend $1500+ on a kooks just to get OTA though.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:08 AM
TECH Addict

1500 is a joke. way to much to spend for exhaust on these cars that you will never see but the tips unless it's a show car or something.

maybe i'll start a thread to vote asking whether TSP should make a rear extension to their TSP TD's and see how much interest it gets!!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

I couldn't agree more. I had asked several shops locally, but no one wants to even try to run duals over the axle. I want tsp TD's but I want to keep my CME.

Quick Reply: TSP dumped true duals to full rear exit exhaust kit?