Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If SLP made the 2OTL again, would you buy it?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 10:22 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bringing this back again. I was listening to sound clips on ls1sounds.com (that site is pre-YouTube if I recall, I'm surprised it's still up). Comparing the magnaflow to the 2OTL, the magnaflow has some popping as the RPMs are falling back down where the SLP doesn't. What made the SLP mufflers sound so smooth? Any more thoughts on the best muffler to replicate that sound?
Old 09-06-2016, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

I've got the SLP 2OTL cat-back I bought new from SLP in '04. I bought it for 2 reasons 1) At the time, and still may be, the best flowing exhaust on the market. The dyno tests back in the day proved that point. 2) Best sounding cat-back on the market IMO. It's a "quiet" cat-back until you nail the go pedal and then it really comes alive. My only complaint is that I've never liked the look of it. Even after 12 years of ownership, it still looks odd to me. However, it is the ultimate sleeper look...I removed all the Z28 badges at one point and it was during that period that I got the most red-light challengers! It really does sound amazing when you get on it! But the main reason I bought it was because it offered the best performance. And if I remember correctly, I paid less than $400 new...like $385 I think...

Quick Reply: If SLP made the 2OTL again, would you buy it?????