Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tune for longtubes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M1tch
I was told from a reputable speed shop and i completely agree with them when they said don't run it hard after doing long tubes because it will be running a little bit LEAN not rich. I have no idea where everyone is getting their logic from by saying it will run rich. You will have improved exhaust flow which is what wake these engines up with the smaller exhaust valves. So take her easy until shes tuned. Part throttle driving shouldnt make much of a difference
The car does run lean after headers but will run rich at wot. Its just how the Tune handles things. without getting into too much detail the PCM adds the amount its lean to the wide open throttle fueling making it extra rich. That is extra fuel on top of the factory WOT fueling at some ridiculous rich 11.4 AFR.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

thats absolutely wrong.

WOT fueling is determined by the TUNE and is not adaptive persay, o2 sensors arent even involved in WOT fueling, if it were adaptive a tune wouldnt be needed.

no matter what with properly working front o2 sensors the closed loop A/F will be fine, its WOT that we are talking about.

the ONLY thing i see that could effect it is the location of the o2 sensor in relation to the combustion chamber. in my opinion any mileage decrease is due to a heavier foot after.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will be fine. A dyno tune is always best but we can do a street tune or a mail order for you also.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sixvi6-camaro
The car does run lean after headers but will run rich at wot. Its just how the Tune handles things. without getting into too much detail the PCM adds the amount its lean to the wide open throttle fueling making it extra rich. That is extra fuel on top of the factory WOT fueling at some ridiculous rich 11.4 AFR.
Sorry but I LOL'd after reading this. You sounded pretty convincing though. Don't drink the kool aid

Frank i'm going to send you a PM about a tune