Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 ls1 pcv system pieces.....?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 01:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 ls1 pcv system pieces.....?

Ok so my pcv system was a messed up and not functioning (was that way when I bought it) but thanks to a bud around here we're starting to get it all back together.

We need that little "y" rubber connector piece, what is that and where can I get it?
Old 04-14-2012, 06:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

autozone....auto parts dealer....Your not going to find individual pcv parts. You can only buy the whole ls1 pcv kit, which is expensive. It's easier to buy different hoses, Ts, Ys, and rig it up yourself for 10$.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I found mine at gmpartsdirect for about $86. I wanted the OEM, original looking parts, but it could have been done for a few dollars making the parts up from rubber fuel line.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is what I did:

PCV Y Repair

The 3/8" divider I purchased was this one:

3/8" Two way

Then just go to your local auto store and get 2 feet of 3/8" inner diameter fuel or emission hose and replace all of it on your car. At autozone here you can buy a package with 2 feet of 3/8" emission hose for a couple bucks. It hangs next to the rack with all the pcv valves.

I'd suggest replacing your pcv valve while you're in there considering how cheap it is. Here is the style GM recommends to use now: PCV1009DL Don't use the one the computer suggests for your car, use that new style. They're entirely different on the inside.

I did this and my pcv system is 100% sealed.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RebelExtrm02
This is what I did:

PCV Y Repair

3/8" Two way

Then just go to your local auto store and get 2 feet of 3/8" inner diameter fuel or emission hose and replace all of it on your car. At autozone here you can buy a package with 2 feet of 3/8" emission hose for a couple bucks. It hangs next to the rack with all the pcv valves.

I'd suggest replacing your pcv valve while you're in there considering how cheap it is. Here is the style GM recommends to use now: PCV1009DL Don't use the one the computer suggests for your car, use that new style. They're entirely different on the inside.

I didn't get back on the tech in time to see this I did end up getting something rigged up and it functions now though! That being said, I'm going to go buy that "y" piece that you have a link to and replace the "t" I used with it. I don't like the extreme angles I ended up with. lol
Old 04-16-2012, 06:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RebelExtrm02
This is what I did:

PCV Y Repair

3/8" Two way

^^ I did mine this way as well and it works better than stock. I do not have a catch can and no oil residue in my intake. Its holding me over until I get time to do the LS6 PCV/Catch can mod.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:13 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a complete one from an 01 for sale....
Old 04-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

I have a 98 and I made my own for like 5 bucks. Where the T is will be tucked under the cowl anyway
Old 04-16-2012, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

Mine is working very well so far. I do at one point want to do the ls6 pcv mod, but this is a lot better than the entire chunk of pcv line that was non existent behind the intake. lol
Old 04-16-2012, 05:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 197 Posts

LS6 valley cover FTW !!!!

Quick Reply: 98 ls1 pcv system pieces.....?