Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got my texas speed true duals in today.. Is this going to be a problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Switching out the X pipe. it would take about 4 weeks he said. I might be home by then, if not oh well.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to have to go outside and look at mine. I don't think it's as bad as the op's but I remember thinking that it looked odd. installed it back in march.

Last edited by Wile E's 98; 05-16-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

I was wrong I looks exactly the same.
Attached Thumbnails I got my texas speed true duals in today.. Is this going to be a problem?-2012-05-16-16.59.30.jpg  
Old 05-16-2012, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good thing i skipped buying this setup and just went with a qtp y pipe
Old 05-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Launching!

Wow....in all honestly that merge looks terrible. Those should have never made it out the door with any kind of QC. Your putting a 3" DUAL setup on a car that necks down to a SINGLE 2" crossover. Theres no way in hell that doesnt restrict flow big time. Ill be waiting until the old style come back to order mine. Anyone with that X should be looking to get the proper one that they originally paid for. TSP should look to make this right for their customers.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

I was not impressed by what I got verses what I paid. The car had no exhaust at all whenn I bought it. I went with Tsp because I wanted dauls and everyone else seemed to like theres. I would like to have an X that looks like the older one. But after reading the test of this thread I dont think thats an option being that I put about 2000 miles on them. Oh well I guess it is what it is.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 05MBMLS2
Wow....in all honestly that merge looks terrible. Those should have never made it out the door with any kind of QC. Your putting a 3" DUAL setup on a car that necks down to a SINGLE 2" crossover. Theres no way in hell that doesnt restrict flow big time. Ill be waiting until the old style come back to order mine. Anyone with that X should be looking to get the proper one that they originally paid for. TSP should look to make this right for their customers.
They should and they are, the exhaust transition is the worst ive seen.

Originally Posted by Wile E's 98
I was not impressed by what I got verses what I paid. The car had no exhaust at all whenn I bought it. I went with Tsp because I wanted dauls and everyone else seemed to like theres. I would like to have an X that looks like the older one. But after reading the test of this thread I dont think thats an option being that I put about 2000 miles on them. Oh well I guess it is what it is.
It is not 'it is what it is', personally, I'd call and tell them you got one of their unapproved alterations and want a proper one, your hard earned money did not pay for a 2" merge. I'm sure they'll work something out with you and make it right, you just have to wait another 4 weeks.

Also, if u can do us a favor, can you post a exhaust video with some rev's? I'll post one of mine with a proper merge when i get my car back for comparison. (To be quite honest i could totally install it myself, but now i have to have a exhaust shop install it for me with the new merge)

Would really appreciate it.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:06 AM
10 Second Club

for people wanting true duals why not build them yourself for afout half the money my car has a 3in true dual kit with dynomaw bullet mufflers and if i laid it beside a tsp kit most people would not know which was which i have $240 in mine thats for all the pipe, x pipe, mufflers, hangers, stanless band clamps, shipping cost and paying a exhaust shop to make a few bends i actually like mine a little better then the kits you buy because i have mine tucked up tigher so it dont drag as bad and i have four hangers not to to keep it from hitting the floorboard
Old 05-17-2012, 09:30 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry guys the manufacturer made a change without telling us anything about it.

My shipping & boxing guys didn't notice the changes, and in 6-7 years of the true duals being exactly the same I never imagined something would be changed at all.

The manufacturer tried to make a change to help with production & didn't bother to ok it with me.

Anyone who doesn't want to install this version simply has to let us know & we will swap them with the original style as soon as the new old versions arrive at our facility.

You guys have to realize we have over 1.5 million dollars of inventory in 25,000 sq ft of facility. predicting a change on a product we haven't changed in years was not even a close to being in my mind.

I want to appologize for the confusion it's caused, if anyone that received one of these 20 sets wants to swap out we will sure do that for you!!
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 05-17-2012, 10:48 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Jason,

Make them in stainless. PLEASE!!
Old 05-17-2012, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So if I got mine back in September it should be fine then right? I'll have to take a look at it I didn't pay attention until reading this
Old 05-17-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dodson55
for people wanting true duals why not build them yourself for afout half the money my car has a 3in true dual kit with dynomaw bullet mufflers and if i laid it beside a tsp kit most people would not know which was which i have $240 in mine thats for all the pipe, x pipe, mufflers, hangers, stanless band clamps, shipping cost and paying a exhaust shop to make a few bends i actually like mine a little better then the kits you buy because i have mine tucked up tigher so it dont drag as bad and i have four hangers not to to keep it from hitting the floorboard
That was an option for me, but I went with TSP because i know their original design is dyno and track proven, not to mention i wanted something I could hook up myself off the shelf without any down time at a muffler shop (even tho thats exactly what i had to do in the end) There also isnt alot of shops that do mandrel bends, which is exactly what I need for my intended application.

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
I'm sorry guys the manufacturer made a change without telling us anything about it.

My shipping & boxing guys didn't notice the changes, and in 6-7 years of the true duals being exactly the same I never imagined something would be changed at all.

The manufacturer tried to make a change to help with production & didn't bother to ok it with me.

Anyone who doesn't want to install this version simply has to let us know & we will swap them with the original style as soon as the new old versions arrive at our facility.

You guys have to realize we have over 1.5 million dollars of inventory in 25,000 sq ft of facility. predicting a change on a product we haven't changed in years was not even a close to being in my mind.

I want to appologize for the confusion it's caused, if anyone that received one of these 20 sets wants to swap out we will sure do that for you!!
Jason, I'm glad you could chime in.

I noticed the defect the second I took it out of the box, I knew something was different when I held it in my hand. Nothing personal Jason, since this is harsh business side of this, but if I were working for texas speed I would've told my supervisor IMMEDIATELY that something was wrong. Secondly, you're also telling me that 20+ units went unnoticed and got shipped to customers homes/shops? Everyone i know, no exageration, including everyone reading this forum, knew this is a major fabrication flaw. You can't miss it, its plain as day! Either they didn't care, or they were incompitent.

Then for tsp to say,

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Speaking with the exhaust manufacturer and a few other exhaust "experts" from big name manufacturers, they were all in agreement that this would not make any significant difference on horsepower or torque production.
and

we do feel confident that they still fit and perform as good or better than any other system available on the market today.

^^ Thats baloney,
First, tsp is trying to tell us that the unapproved alteration will not make a significant difference, for the price we pay for a performance exhaust, I expect nothing but the best, and i truly expected no compromises. Also, what is considered 'not significant' difference? Id love to hear the experts anaylst on that.

Second,
if it will perform good..
or better
I will GLADLY send you my defective merge at my cost so you can stick it on a shop car with the original true duals design and compare them side by side. Because in all honesty Jason, it is impossible that tsp 2" x merge can outperform your original design. We as customers should not be mislead like that ever again.

Considering my situation, I sold my existing cat back, i pipe, cutout, cutout attachment, magnaflow exhaust assembly, and some downtime to save up enough money to order your unit, only for me to turn around and have a performance shop take the car to a muffler shop to have it fabricated properly, so a $500'ish setup will turn out to be much more expensive in the long run, and the worst part of this is I STILL dont have my car back yet . I understand your trying to run a profitable business, and I met you guys half way with the deal I got where its best for both worlds, but now that I think about it, thanks to your fabricators and handlers its turning out not to be worth it.

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Jason,

Make them in stainless. PLEASE!!
If they were stainless I would've bought those instead to match my headers
Old 05-17-2012, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by andy-lswon
So if I got mine back in September it should be fine then right? I'll have to take a look at it I didn't pay attention until reading this
you should be fine.. according to jason only '20' units were afftected but double check when u get a chance
Old 05-17-2012, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LeanPocket
That was an option for me, but I went with TSP because i know their original design is dyno and track proven, not to mention i wanted something I could hook up myself off the shelf without any down time at a muffler shop (even tho thats exactly what i had to do in the end) There also isnt alot of shops that do mandrel bends, which is exactly what I need for my intended application.

Jason, I'm glad you could chime in.

I noticed the defect the second I took it out of the box, I knew something was different when I held it in my hand. Nothing personal Jason, since this is harsh business side of this, but if I were working for texas speed I would've told my supervisor IMMEDIATELY that something was wrong. Secondly, you're also telling me that 20+ units went unnoticed and got shipped to customers homes/shops? Everyone i know, no exageration, including everyone reading this forum, knew this is a major fabrication flaw. You can't miss it, its plain as day! Either they didn't care, or they were incompitent.

Then for tsp to say,

and

^^ Thats baloney,
First, tsp is trying to tell us that the unapproved alteration will not make a significant difference, for the price we pay for a performance exhaust, I expect nothing but the best, and i truly expected no compromises. Also, what is considered 'not significant' difference? Id love to hear the experts anaylst on that.

Second,
if it will perform good.. I will GLADLY send you my defective merge at my cost so you can stick it on a shop car with the original true duals design and compare them side by side. Because in all honesty Jason, it is impossible that tsp 2" x merge can outperform your original design. We as customers should not be mislead like that ever again.

Considering my situation, I sold my existing cat back, i pipe, cutout, cutout attachment, magnaflow exhaust assembly, and some downtime to save up enough money to order your unit, only for me to turn around and have a performance shop take the car to a muffler shop to have it fabricated properly, so a $500'ish setup will turn out to be much more expensive in the long run, and the worst part of this is I STILL dont have my car back yet . I understand your trying to run a profitable business, and I met you guys half way with the deal I got where its best for both worlds, but now that I think about it, thanks to your fabricators and handlers its turning out not to be worth it.

If they were stainless I would've bought those instead to match my headers
Wow, Not trying to flame or drag this off topic too badly but calm down. **** happens in production, you know what the qc rate for most companys are? 1 in ten. So if 20 went out bad that means that over 200 went out good, Something tells me TSP has sold more then 200 of these kits. Working in a sales position I work with many dealers/distrubitors, I see bad parts all the time. Is it my fault that I sold a bad part? No, whats important is that they are taking care of the problem.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cyipher
Wow, Not trying to flame or drag this off topic too badly but calm down. **** happens in production, you know what the qc rate for most companys are? 1 in ten. So if 20 went out bad that means that over 200 went out good, Something tells me TSP has sold more then 200 of these kits. Working in a sales position I work with many dealers/distrubitors, I see bad parts all the time. Is it my fault that I sold a bad part? No, whats important is that they are taking care of the problem.
Right, from a business stand point, its completely understandable. Thats why I met half way with TSP, and they did what was fair in my case. I'm trying to point out the QA needs to be adressed, quick.

However, my car is still not running, which is very unfortunate to say the least.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cyipher
I dont think anyone needs to "calm down" here. I feel that TSP is taking care of the issue which is great and proves that they value their customers. But on the flip side the whole "expert" comment they made about the 2" X performing great was nonsense. They also should offer a replacement to the full "20" defective units that went out regardless of whether they were installed or not. But like i said, TSP is standing up to their great reputation and taking care of their customers.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:30 PM
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=LeanPocket;16322721]That was an option for me, but I went with TSP because i know their original design is dyno and track proven, not to mention i wanted something I could hook up myself off the shelf without any down time at a muffler shop (even tho thats exactly what i had to do in the end) There also isnt alot of shops that do mandrel bends, which is exactly what I need for my intended application.

mine is all mandrel bent as well and i installed it all myself i ordered a universal x pipe kit from jegs and it is very close to fitting as it is just had to add a small bend to the driver side im sure mine is no better then a bought one but i also promise that it is no worse i bet on a dyno there would be no more then a few hp difference either way and im not trying to start any crap or trying to say mine is better just saying there are much cheaper options to get the same end results and at a $250 savings
Old 05-17-2012, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=dodson55;16323323]
Originally Posted by LeanPocket

mine is all mandrel bent as well and i installed it all myself i ordered a universal x pipe kit from jegs and it is very close to fitting as it is just had to add a small bend to the driver side im sure mine is no better then a bought one but i also promise that it is no worse i bet on a dyno there would be no more then a few hp difference either way and im not trying to start any crap or trying to say mine is better just saying there are much cheaper options to get the same end results and at a $250 savings
Im well aware, I'm not starting or fanning anything, but for something off the shelf, something I can install myself instead of taking it somewhere to be made and avoid downtime (nearest mandrel bending muffler shop is way too far for me to drop off.. especially on open headers) its the best in the biz. However, where i live, the guy charges $400 for a complete true dual setup, so you got a good deal .

Plus, I love how sweet thunders sound
Old 05-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Launching!

i'm returning mine in exchange for a Y and a cat-back. this is my daily driver, so it needs to get done asap. wish i could, but i can't wait for the new old style to get back. i still have to pay shipping though for there and back since there "isn't anything technically wrong with it"
Old 05-18-2012, 08:05 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Karl, I wonder if it would be cheaper in the long run, and possibly faster to just get this welded in place instead.

^^ ^^
Magnaflow 10782

Quick Reply: I got my texas speed true duals in today.. Is this going to be a problem?