Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got my texas speed true duals in today.. Is this going to be a problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 08:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Karl, I wonder if it would be cheaper in the long run, and possibly faster to just get this welded in place instead.

^^ ^^
Magnaflow 10782

facepalm moment, lol i need to call them back. See if i can just send back the merge in exchange for the magnaflow tru-x crossover that they sell. and take the car to an exhaust shop, and get it and some extra piping welded in place.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

OP - In all honesty, you're just ONE of SEVERAL customers that are unhappy about this. Try and put yourself in TSP's shoes here... Seriously. Sometimes **** like this happens and both the supplier and customer get the short end of the stick, it does happen. However, Jason and TSP has said all of the right things in this thread and stuck by their loyal customers. The situation isn't ideal but you shouldn't come in here and flame TSP for a manufacturer error.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Karl101
i'm returning mine in exchange for a Y and a cat-back. this is my daily driver, so it needs to get done asap. wish i could, but i can't wait for the new old style to get back. i still have to pay shipping though for there and back since there "isn't anything technically wrong with it"
That is very not cool.

Until someone posts a back to back dyno comparison and proves it flows "as well or better" I call
Old 05-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Karl, I wonder if it would be cheaper in the long run, and possibly faster to just get this welded in place instead.

^^ ^^
Magnaflow 10782
This is what I was originally thinking I would do when with mine when time and money allowed. I didn't realize that wasn't the way tsp normally built them. Anyway I'm hoping they will work with me on getting the correct merge.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rare96LT1Formula
OP - In all honesty, you're just ONE of SEVERAL customers that are unhappy about this. Try and put yourself in TSP's shoes here... Seriously. Sometimes **** like this happens and both the supplier and customer get the short end of the stick, it does happen. However, Jason and TSP has said all of the right things in this thread and stuck by their loyal customers. The situation isn't ideal but you shouldn't come in here and flame TSP for a manufacturer error.
I've given them the benefit of the doubt, and I publicly said they set me straight with what we both thought was fair, more than once. I know this error will be addressed and fixed ASAP, I will be hesitant to buy TSP made stuff, but in the end I'll still be a repeat customer sheerly by reputation alone.

^ however, with that being said, I still dont have my car up and running, and i still have to pay more than i originally intended on paying. We're not talking about 20-40 bucks, more like hundreds. So I have every right to be frustrated; You must understand this is my DAILY and i needed it running when I revieved the true duals.. not today.. not tomorrow.. not next week.. I can't do anything without my car, so trust me, its VERY frustrating.

It'd be fine if i were to get a replacement overnighted, but since they have to retool their machines I have to wait another 4 weeks, obviously I can not wait that long In the end.. form a business stand point.. it happens.. from a customer stand point.. I really wish this wouldve been caught much sooner
Old 05-18-2012, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wile E's 98
This is what I was originally thinking I would do when with mine when time and money allowed. I didn't realize that wasn't the way tsp normally built them. Anyway I'm hoping they will work with me on getting the correct merge.
i tried getting that form them, according to matt those were out of stock at the time
Old 05-18-2012, 12:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LeanPocket
I've given them the benefit of the doubt, and I publicly said they set me straight with what we both thought was fair, more than once. I know this error will be addressed and fixed ASAP, I will be hesitant to buy TSP made stuff, but in the end I'll still be a repeat customer sheerly by reputation alone.

^ however, with that being said, I still dont have my car up and running, and i still have to pay more than i originally intended on paying. We're not talking about 20-40 bucks, more like hundreds. So I have every right to be frustrated; You must understand this is my DAILY and i needed it running when I revieved the true duals.. not today.. not tomorrow.. not next week.. I can't do anything without my car, so trust me, its VERY frustrating.

It'd be fine if i were to get a replacement overnighted, but since they have to retool their machines I have to wait another 4 weeks, obviously I can not wait that long In the end.. form a business stand point.. it happens.. from a customer stand point.. I really wish this wouldve been caught much sooner
what kept you from keeping the bad design on the car for 4 weeks and sending it back, Jason said he would take it back new or used didnt he? I know you struck a deal but the bad design on your car doesnt sound like it would cause any more power loss vs a factory exhaust, untill the problem was righted.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

This thread is nothing but 4 pages of bitching. This should've been between tsp and the buyer and got it over with.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by babbage1109
This thread is nothing but 4 pages of bitching. This should've been between tsp and the buyer and got it over with.
No, he started this post with a question because he wanted to make sure if the X-pipe was indeed questionable;which it clearly is.
IMO, if your not sure about something it' never hurts to get multiple opinions.
BTW, I'm sure your opinion would be different if your X-pipe was like his.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:55 PM
11 Second Club

Lol. I know. It's understandable to ask a question. But how many people need to respond with the same answer haha
Old 05-18-2012, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

In for dyno comparison.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cyipher
what kept you from keeping the bad design on the car for 4 weeks and sending it back, Jason said he would take it back new or used didnt he? I know you struck a deal but the bad design on your car doesnt sound like it would cause any more power loss vs a factory exhaust, untill the problem was righted.
its counter productive to put that stupid merge on; Waste of time and energy, plus it'd be on my dime to send it back.

IM NOT USING THAT MERGE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
Especially for 4 weeks.

btw, for the 100th time, the problem was and is corrected, im not disputing that.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

for the ones that want a dyno comparison why don't you guys buy the true duals and run it on the dyno. Ill be waiting the 4 weeks to get mine.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ugh 4 weeks??? I was thinking about ordering it tonight. I just get paid!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^ yes, they have to retool the machines and physically make them again.

I can send my merge to anyone who is willing to test it out
Old 05-20-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

more made in china awesomeness
Old 05-21-2012, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheSilverOne
more made in china awesomeness
they are not made in china
Old 05-21-2012, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

God damn that x is ugly
Old 05-21-2012, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

just an update on the whole dyno thing,
I got my car back from the muffler shop, and they welded my sweet thunders to my new x merge. So, what I did was give my defect to a buddy with a cammed out 6.0 truck and see how it performs on his. He had a 3" y pipe with a 3 chamber flow master and a cutout, dyno'ed recently.

I'll go from there
Old 05-22-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LeanPocket
they are not made in china
so they use a different manufacturer from the manufacturer of their headers?

Quick Reply: I got my texas speed true duals in today.. Is this going to be a problem?