Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTs ORY and high flows

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTs ORY and high flows

What's up enthusiasts, I have Heddmen lts on my 98 T/A but I wanna change them because the driver header hits the k member. I wanna just go with a new set up to go with my Dynomax bullets! So, I was thinking new LTS with high flow cats and a ORY.. Anyone have a good set up option? The bullets just like that are loud, so I wanted to quiet them just a tad lol.. I was thinking a better set of fitting headers.. Maybe Pacesetter? Not too sure on which high flows or ORY! Need opinions!
Old 06-03-2012, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

i have slp LT, 3 inch y pipe with 3 inch mangnaflow bullet cat's into my 3 inch mangnaflow and i love it, really mellow and mean as hell at WOT!
Old 06-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02 reaper z28
i have slp LT, 3 inch y pipe with 3 inch mangnaflow bullet cat's into my 3 inch mangnaflow and i love it, really mellow and mean as hell at WOT!
Thanks for the reply! Your SLPs don't give you problems with clearance? I've read that many members here try and avoid them! Is it an SLP y?
Old 06-03-2012, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The SLP header ground clearance issue was with their tuned length headers, their regular LT headers have 2 more inches of ground clearance.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
The SLP header ground clearance issue was with their tuned length headers, their regular LT headers have 2 more inches of ground clearance.
I'll check them out, can you recommend any vendors on here? The Y was SLP as well? Or custom
Old 06-03-2012, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to spend a bunch of money on headers, skip the SLPs and go straight to Kooks or ARH. That being said, I wouldn't throw away perfectly good headers just because they hit the K-member... some people have had that issue even with high dollar headers. Just notch the K and be done with it.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Latch
If you want to spend a bunch of money on headers, skip the SLPs and go straight to Kooks or ARH. That being said, I wouldn't throw away perfectly good headers just because they hit the K-member... some people have had that issue even with high dollar headers. Just notch the K and be done with it.
Yeah I actually would go with kooks but I want to have enough money to get a Y and high flow cats..(I'm on LTS with stock Y lol) and the headers I have now are probably really really old.. They came with the car when I bought it. Since it rubs so mad and their like brown already. In my exhaust tips it starts getting brown as well.. Just want a new set up, one that I put in. I also need to change my mount since their probably sagging making my Header to hit.

Any other set up recommendations?/ headers?
Old 06-03-2012, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pacesetters/TSP headers with TSP duals will be the best option under 1K
Old 09-16-2012, 06:47 AM
Teching In

i also have a 98 t/a with heddmen hedders just installed and i see its kinda close like barely touching something ? but oh well i didnt installed them, my question is what would happen? what is the concern sir, since they are design for fbodies why would someone have a problem? you think it would melt something? whats the worst that could happen? because i am concerned now that i read this.

and dont they sell a headers heat wrap? do you have them with non? or should we ceramic coat them?

Quick Reply: LTs ORY and high flows