Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crankcase Evacuation System....

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 01:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crankcase Evacuation System....

A lil details on the Build before we start..
427ci NA, Ls7 Top end,11.4:1CR, 247/255 .670 .670 112+4

3in TSP True Duals w DynaMax Bullet BLOW THREW style mufflers

Im looking into running a Crankcase Evac System like this
http://moroso.com/catalog/categorydi...?catcode=13023

This is all using after market sealed Valve covers w NO pcv nipple vents and a sealed oil cap

BUT instead of using there ugly big and bulky Oil Separator/Breathers (on the far right on the pic in the link)..

1. My Ls7 Valley cover has the 3/8 nipple w the baffle box on the under side of it, cut out the 3/8 nipple and go to a larger 1in nipple w a baffle or some sort so it cant suck oil.
2. From the 1in Nipple run a hose that Y's to 2 5/8 hoses down to each header weld in Nipple bung w the Moros check valves

In return your rings should seal better as the exhaust gases passing the weld in chck valves at WOT this should created Vacuum as in before the motor never creates any at WOT.
I know it says dont use w mufflers cause the back pressure will shut the valves in the exhaust but w a blow threw style bullet muffler and not a chambered muffler I dont see them being a prb...

Further If i Decide to run this system after more R&D I going to install a boost/vac gauge in the line going to the chck valves and see how much if any Vacuum this pulls at WOT, and to make dam sure theres no positive pressure feedback and at Throttle % and WOT

If anyones tried this please post your results im stupid curious right now lol

Last edited by 1999FirehawkLS1; 06-05-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have seen this before on here and it never seems to get anywhere. These are designed to work with engines running high rpms all the time with open headers.

I understand your thought running it back to the intake for idle and part throttle operation, but it sounds like it would be a nightmare of check valves and other problems keeping it from causing a vacuum leak.

I'm in for results if you make it work and work well.

But as it stands right now, I'll be going with a traditional style pcv system with a catch can, or a vacuum pump system.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres a video on Youtube a guy showing his wrks at idle w mufflers and full exhaust

Heres the link:

Quick Reply: Crankcase Evacuation System....