Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will this complete my header install list ? and such

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will this complete my header install list ? and such

Okay i have my 1 7/8 tsp longtubes, tsp ory pipe. It's all going to be connected to my LM2 which sounds great. Also have a few other things to install, slp lid, and potz p&p tb. and my fairly close neighbor is going to hook up the HP tuner too it. tuning for the headers, delete the rear o2 etc. heres what i got for a list, some things i already got, please let me know if theres something missing or i dont need.

2 Bosch 13111 oxy sensors

tr55 plugs

msd wires

12 stock gm manifold bolts

2 gm metal gaskets

anti seize

zipties

EGR block off plate

which band clamps do i need for my tsp ory ? i heard accuseal is good then i see the stainless steel ones on both the ws6store and texas speed store, ws6 store sells them a couple bucks cheaper, do i need 2.5" or 3" or larger ?

Also have a question about poly motor mounts, what will be involved for removing the stock motormounts and installing the poly's ? any cutting of the clamshell ? I'm having the guy doing the hp tuner install all of this and i dont want to hopfully (manifold bolts snaping off etc) tie him up for too long.

Last edited by ryangtp89; 06-10-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the mm you need to jack the motor, remove the mount, drill the rivets in the clamshell, use a torch to separate the rubber from the metal, clean up the shell, install the polys and then bolt the clamshell back together, reinstall in car. I would allocate at least a day...it is a bitch.

Sorry, can't help with the header stuff.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by therabidweasel
On the mm you need to jack the motor, remove the mount, drill the rivets in the clamshell, use a torch to separate the rubber from the metal, clean up the shell, install the polys and then bolt the clamshell back together, reinstall in car. I would allocate at least a day...it is a bitch.

Sorry, can't help with the header stuff.
Are you saying its going to take a day just for the mm removal and install ?It's all good. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

The poly mounts are worth it. Just remove the pedestal with the mount and it's much easier that way. If you haven't done it before, it will take quite a while for you to get it done.

It took me 2 whole days to do my headers and poly mounts, but I was also alone and had to stop working at times to take care of the business I'm running.

Do it.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:15 AM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

dont forget the o2 extentions
Old 06-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WTR's camaro
dont forget the o2 extentions

I got the vette o2's soo no need for extentions.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My poly mounts were easy, super easy when the motor is on an engine stand!! lol. Yea like said above you have to drill the rivets out and use a torch to get them out, the hard part is getting at them with the motor in the car though. My stock rubber mounts were toast, all the rubber was dry, broken and cracked inside.

Took me about 2 days to do my headers, but I went slow, was by myself and it was like 95 degrees out. I used pb blaster on the bolts the night before and took my time cracking each bolt and spraying some pb in, make a turn and spray some more in. Luckily none of mine broke, the y pipe where it goes into the stock catback didn't fit good on mine but you have a magnaflow right?

Last edited by Troy5061; 06-12-2012 at 12:37 PM.