Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker catback fits like crap and chambers are damaged new

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Hooker catback fits like crap and chambers are damaged new

I went to a local exhaust shop for tailpipe adjustment cause I thought the pipes where banging on the body/frame, but surprise, the cling/clunk sound is coming from the inside of the muffle. He shook the muffler and I saw it myself!!

Its really really really tame too. My old SLP dual dual was better. I should have gone with Magnaflow...

Plus the catback fits like **** to the TSP headers. I would not recommend these headers for lowered car like mine. I have 1.6 inch drop. Anything lower would not be drivable. I gotta say headers look amazing.

Now that the muffler is installed straight up(as much as its possible; the muffler is leaning on one side in order to make it fit..) I don't really want to send it back...I wish I had my SLP under the car. I gotta say the sound is good at wot and my neighbors will hate me a little less
Old 07-18-2012, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

The exhaust was installed at new era initially when they built my engine.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Catback was brand new.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This confirms what others have said about the quality of Hooker products going down the drain. That's unfortunant. Why on Earth though did you swap out a dual/dual for a Hooker?
Old 07-19-2012, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have banging, but it is definitely hitting something. When I get my headers and everything installed, my friend will correct and re-position.

I love this Catback, even bought it used it sounds great and no damage. Sorry you may have had one bad experience, Hooker has my vote for a good sounding mellow catback. Sounds great at WOT, IMO
Old 07-19-2012, 05:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

My only complaint with my hooker is that one of the tips is crushed a little bit out of round and looks slightly different from the other. That, and it would be nice if it came with band clamps instead.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Latch
This confirms what others have said about the quality of Hooker products going down the drain. That's unfortunant. Why on Earth though did you swap out a dual/dual for a Hooker?
It was more expensive to repair the old catback than buying whole new setup... dual dual FTW...

Last edited by Johnnystock; 07-22-2012 at 04:09 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I installed about my 5th hooker catback on a buddies car last week, made sure everything lined up, and welded the tips to the muffler, and also put hangers on the tips so they wouldn't move, being as it was a trans am with Corsa Clones.

and I personally think they sound awesome, and actually this kit was made in april of 2012, and the quality looked better than any other hooker kit I have installed. IMO.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BES Stroked Nova
I installed about my 5th hooker catback on a buddies car last week, made sure everything lined up, and welded the tips to the muffler, and also put hangers on the tips so they wouldn't move, being as it was a trans am with Corsa Clones.

and I personally think they sound awesome, and actually this kit was made in april of 2012, and the quality looked better than any other hooker kit I have installed. IMO.
Lucky you!