Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailblazer SS Owners... RADICAL Gains from RADICAL Ported Intake!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 02:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porting is our business and we are good at it!

Porting intake manifolds and throttle bodies is Peak Speed Shop's primary business. We do a lot of them and have gained a good reputation for high quality work and performance.

Our proprietary process of "Radical Porting" stock LS intake manifolds gains top results! In terms of cost per horse power gained, this is one of the lower cost modifications you can do. A weekend mechanic can easily do it in their garage.
Here is a link for step by step instructions that you can use on most LS cars:

http://www.peakspeedshop.com/removal.xhtml

For pricing on stock and FAST porting, go to our online store at:
http://peakspeedshop.com/Zen_Cart/
Old 06-15-2015, 07:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by peakspeedshop
Porting intake manifolds and throttle bodies is Peak Speed Shop's primary business. We do a lot of them and have gained a good reputation for high quality work and performance.

Our proprietary process of "Radical Porting" stock LS intake manifolds gains top results! In terms of cost per horse power gained, this is one of the lower cost modifications you can do. A weekend mechanic can easily do it in their garage.
Here is a link for step by step instructions that you can use on most LS cars:

http://www.peakspeedshop.com/removal.xhtml

For pricing on stock and FAST porting, go to our online store at:
http://peakspeedshop.com/Zen_Cart/
Do you have any TBSS intakes in stock?
Old 06-15-2015, 09:57 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by NewOrleansLT1
Do you have any TBSS intakes in stock?
Yes I do. Right now it's taking about a week to get one ported and shipped. To order, you can go to: http://peakspeedshop.com/Zen_Cart/in...x&cPath=65_127 or call 719-651-1952.

When you order, let us know the year/make/model of your vehicle.
Bob
Peak Speed Shop
Old 08-17-2015, 11:08 AM
FormerVendor

Bump to top
Old 08-18-2015, 09:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just discovered this thread and also just watched the video with all the flex. Othere have already made comments concerning this, so I won't repeat them.

What I want to know, is, realistically, on a daily driver vehicle, how long can a manifold last going thru flex cycles like that. Also, where I live, it gets below freezing in the winter, but during the summer, I have 3+ months of 100+ temperature. I'm curious how temperature extremes due to change in seasons affect the useful life?
Old 08-18-2015, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by scout2000
I just discovered this thread and also just watched the video with all the flex. Othere have already made comments concerning this, so I won't repeat them.

What I want to know, is, realistically, on a daily driver vehicle, how long can a manifold last going thru flex cycles like that. Also, where I live, it gets below freezing in the winter, but during the summer, I have 3+ months of 100+ temperature. I'm curious how temperature extremes due to change in seasons affect the useful life?
The manifold that you see a video of that flexes is not one that we have ported. That has never been an issue on a Peak Speed Shop Radical ported TBSS or L92 intake manifold. In fact, the L92 intake manifold looks similar but is slightly wider than the TBSS intake manifold. So, we add supports inside that intake manifold to prevent flexing. You may also notice that manifold on the video had the top cut off and then reattached with epoxy in order to do the porting. We also did it that way when we first started but now are able to do all the porting through the throttle body opening in order to maintain the integrity of the manifold and ensure it never leaks. Customers are thrilled with the results and the quality of our work.
Bob Schustedt
Peak Speed Shop
Old 08-18-2015, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you port the Edelbrock Super Vic and Vic Jr? One is for the truck and being supercharged and the other is for the car and being sprayed. Thanks!

Chad

Last edited by ss4chad; 08-18-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The manifold that you see a video of that flexes is not one that we have ported. That has never been an issue on a Peak Speed Shop Radical ported TBSS or L92 intake manifold. In fact, the L92 intake manifold looks similar but is slightly wider than the TBSS intake manifold. So, we add supports inside that intake manifold to prevent flexing. You may also notice that manifold on the video had the top cut off and then reattached with epoxy in order to do the porting. We also did it that way when we first started but now are able to do all the porting through the throttle body opening in order to maintain the integrity of the manifold and ensure it never leaks. Customers are thrilled with the results and the quality of our work.
Bob Schustedt
Peak Speed Shop
Hello Bob,

Thank you for the clarification on that part.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:20 AM
Launching!

I just stumbled onto this thread as well.... My Daily Driver is a 2007 3SS Trailblazer and I absolutely Love it. I have right at 220,000 mile on the 6.0 and it still runs like a champ!!

I'm definitely interested; however, working the Military & going to school, I couldn't be out of my ride for several weeks. Let me know when ya'll have another big sale coming up...

Carl
Old 08-18-2015, 01:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CGSmith0524
I just stumbled onto this thread as well.... My Daily Driver is a 2007 3SS Trailblazer and I absolutely Love it. I have right at 220,000 mile on the 6.0 and it still runs like a champ!!

I'm definitely interested; however, working the Military & going to school, I couldn't be out of my ride for several weeks. Let me know when ya'll have another big sale coming up...

Carl
Carl,
I don't anticipate a big sale anytime soon. However, we do have cores on hand if you want to pay a core charge for the ported parts from our inventory and then get a core refund once yours are returned. Then your vehicle doesn't have to be down for a few weeks while shipping parts back and forth. You can find these on our web store at: http://peakspeedshop.com/Zen_Cart/ or you can call us at 719-651-1952.
Bob
Peak Speed Shop
Old 08-18-2015, 01:54 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ss4chad
Can you port the Edelbrock Super Vic and Vic Jr? One is for the truck and being supercharged and the other is for the car and being sprayed. Thanks!

Chad
Chad,
Yes, we do port the Vic intake manifolds. Sending you a PM.
bob
Old 08-19-2015, 07:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chad,
Yes, we do port the Vic intake manifolds. Sending you a PM.
bob
Got it, thanks Bob!

Chad
Old 08-19-2015, 09:26 PM
Teching In

You may also notice that manifold on the video had the top cut off and then reattached with epoxy in order to do the porting. We also did it that way when we first started but now are able to do all the porting through the throttle body opening in order to maintain the integrity of the manifold and ensure it never leaks.
I had a few questions:
Are you still reinforcing the "ceiling" of the plenum of the TBSS since you are now coming through the throttle body opening? In post #29 are those metal "columns" the additional bracing? I don't believe they are stock.
Are the runners ported at all or left as is?
Has anyone "shaved" one of your radically ported intakes? I know the bracing adds much needed rigidity (even though the flexing video had bracing).

Sorry for all the questions. Maybe others have similar thoughts.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by G_rog
I had a few questions:
Are you still reinforcing the "ceiling" of the plenum of the TBSS since you are now coming through the throttle body opening? In post #29 are those metal "columns" the additional bracing? I don't believe they are stock.
Are the runners ported at all or left as is?
Has anyone "shaved" one of your radically ported intakes? I know the bracing adds much needed rigidity (even though the flexing video had bracing).

Sorry for all the questions. Maybe others have similar thoughts.
Glad to answer your questions. First of all, the video showing a flexing manifold is an L92 intake manifold not a TBSS. While they look similar, the TBSS intake is narrower and has more of a crowned top. We have never needed to add support to the TBSS intake manifold for that reason. The wider and flatter L92 intake manifold gets the metal posts added inside that you see on post #29. That provides the added strength that the L92 intake manifold needs and prevents it from flexing. Some TBSS owners have switched to the rectangular L92 heads and as a result switch to the L92 intake manifold.

Yes, our Radical porting of the truck manifolds includes porting the runners. We don't recommend "Shaving" the ridging off the top. That structural ridging provides added strength.

Porting intake manifolds and throttle bodies is our primary business and Peak Speed Shop is known for high quality work and results. We also offer an unconditional 30 day guarantee on all of our products and services.

Bob Schustedt
Peak Speed Shop
Old 11-13-2015, 12:07 PM
FormerVendor

Default "The whole experience was....AMAZING!"

Listen to what this recent customer had to say about Peak Speed Shop....

“Amazing communications , amazing turnaround time and amazing product. The whole expirience was.....AMAZING!!! I will highly recommend your work to friends and fellow gear heads as well as use you again for my next project. Thanks...Stan.”
Stan - North Richland Hills, TX
Old 01-10-2016, 10:57 AM
FormerVendor

to the top
Old 09-13-2016, 12:59 PM
FormerVendor

Bump to top
Old 12-02-2016, 04:33 PM
FormerVendor

To the top
Old 12-16-2016, 02:27 PM
FormerVendor

Default HOLIDAY SPECIAL - Save $25 on orders over $500

Peak Speed Shop is offering a $25 holiday discount on orders of $500 or more. Just enter XMAS16 for the coupon code when making your order and payment on our online store at http://www.peakspeedshop.com/Zen_Cart/. Or, you can call us at 719-651-1952. Discount goes through 1/15/17.

Gift Certificates are also available at our online store.
http://peakspeedshop.com/Zen_Cart/in...products_id=47

Peak Speed Shop Gift Certificate
Old 01-26-2017, 05:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Peak Performance do you have experience with porting Dorman aftermarket LS intakes?

Dorman #615-901 is supposed to be a LS2 90mm with the fast 78 runners. There a good bit of interest in it. I've read the snout on some dormans usually are narrower than the factory intake and need to be opened up. Is that something you address when porting the intake?

Example dorman ls6 intake had a 73mm opening which ia narrower than factory LS6 intake.

Quick Reply: Trailblazer SS Owners... RADICAL Gains from RADICAL Ported Intake!