Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victor Jr. vs Performer carb intake???

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Victor Jr. vs Performer carb intake???

Hey guys. In the process of building a 5.3 with a carb setup. When it comes to my intake I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. The victor jr. says its range is from 3500-7k and the performer from 1500-6500. If I plan on running a bigger cam in the near future (lets say ms3 as an example) Would it be best to go with the victor jr because of the operating range since that cam doesnt really "start" until around 3500 rpm? or is my understanding wrong? Thanks for the help.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

This is a good question for the "carbureted LSX subforum" if not already done so. https://ls1tech.com/forums/carbureted-lsx-forum-172/

If you haven't already took it into consideration, remember that the Victor series are single plane intakes and the Performer series are dual plane, that will affect cam selection as well. Your cam selection should be based upon your specific setup. For example, one cam could work excellent with the dual plane Performer intake but be terrible with the single plane Victor Jr. intake or vise versa, despite its operating range. Its not just about the operating range of the intake.

Last edited by R6cowboy; 09-10-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Victor Jr. vs Performer carb intake???