Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging Anyone From DMH or Texas Speed....

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ellsworth
I try once every couple weeks.. emails etc.. still.. NOTHING

I'm still pissed it stopped working after only a couple months. So now I at least would like to have it fixed!

keep this thread alive until they either respond, or shut down their website.
Yeep! Worst they can do is not back their products up with responses. Eventually they should respond, lets see what they have to say about all these e cutouts fails.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent my cutout in about 6 months ago, get a hold of some one get one story. Then week goes by and call again get another story about how the package was not taken out of the wife SUV, sorry will get right on that. Thrid time of calling we were out of the Borla cutout with be a coulple of days and we will get one right out to you. Since that last phone call about 6 months ago have not heard or been able to get ahold of them POS. You have my money either refund my money, or send me my broke hunk of crap back I can find someone local that fix it. Prolly need to go talk to a lawyer if **** dont get striaghted out soon. This is **** poor in my book.
Sorry for the rant. Been following this thread and felt the need to add mine. Sorry to the OP for the same stuff.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump

anyone else want to eleborate on their DMH experience? he needs to get about 20-30 in stock, so he can just send us all new ones, I think thats fair?
Old 12-06-2012, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

No worries! I'm just surprised no one has paid him a visit to his shop... I mean does anyone know where its located? Someone who lives near should go stop by & at least demand him to pick up his PHONE! & send us some new cut outs. If he was located anywhere in Cali Id be on my way there now.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

i dont know if i want to send him mine...who knows when and if it will ever get fixed and returned to me.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I wouldn't either until I got a confirmation from him that he was for sure going to send it back.....
Old 12-07-2012, 11:51 AM
11 Second Club

Just an fyi, I bought a QTP in June of 2011, but didn't get around to getting the cutout welded on until August of this year. Wired everything up and the cutout woundn't work. And being that it said they had a 90 day warrenty I figured I was SOL. Took the thing apart and was able to break things loose and get it to move freely again. Put everything back on and it worked fine for the 2 months or so I drove the car before I put it away for winter. Kind of nervous about how it's going to work come spring time though.

Also after buying it all I read about was how great DHM was and how QTP owners were having problems, so it seems like there isn't really any standout electric cutout these days. Hopefully I can be one of those guys that can say I've had mine for 4+ years with no other issues, time will tell.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I had my QTP from oct 2007 until feb 2012 when I traded it for work being done on my car. It still works lol
Old 12-07-2012, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I don't know might see if I can find someone to check out the motor & take it apart or bite the bullet & buy a QTP or some other company
Old 12-07-2012, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
I had my QTP from oct 2007 until feb 2012 when I traded it for work being done on my car. It still works lol
Nice! lol
Old 12-08-2012, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
No worries! I'm just surprised no one has paid him a visit to his shop... I mean does anyone know where its located? Someone who lives near should go stop by & at least demand him to pick up his PHONE! & send us some new cut outs. If he was located anywhere in Cali Id be on my way there now.

i have one on my car about a year with no problems, took forever to get it tho.. they are about 2 hours south of me
Old 12-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Launching!

I've always heard about it being hard to get in tough with dmh, but the quality of the e-cutouts must have gone down as well. I've had mine "dmh" for at least 5 years, and it sill works great. But it sounds like others hare having problem with them.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chadroosa
i have one on my car about a year with no problems, took forever to get it tho.. they are about 2 hours south of me
Should stop by & see wtf hes been up for for these past few months & ignoring everyone's emails & phone calls

Originally Posted by aQuickLS1
I've always heard about it being hard to get in tough with dmh, but the quality of the e-cutouts must have gone down as well. I've had mine "dmh" for at least 5 years, and it sill works great. But it sounds like others hare having problem with them.
Yea I heard the same before I placed my order! I got a hold of him once on the phone. He had told me to try spraying some WD40 on it because it might just be stuck. Did it didn't work. Tried calling him 30 min later & have yet to hear back. Wish I never hung up the phone!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Launching!

Mine did bind up once. I used a mixture of pb blaster and wd40 to clean it up. It took a little effort to get it going again, but worked fine eversince. That was a little over a year ago. If i had just sprayed wd40 on it without taking the time to actually clean it up, then it would never have started working again.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Surprised there has been no law suits on DMH??? I mean you get a product that doesn't even work & then try to contact the owner of the company for this "lifetime warranty" & he is MIA...
I searched here and didn't find any suits: http://www.browncountycourt.org/srchmain.html

If I got the county right, its all public information, so it would be here.

I don't have the time right now to read-up on the court rules, but some counties allow you to file, serve, and have your case heard in absentia. Some you can even phone in and participate.

The judge will hear the case based on the evidence you provide and your written complaint. This would be the best route to go after starting with your credit card company. The problem would be in collecting the judgement.

Don't wait, contact the credit card company pronto.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

BUMP, tried to call to send my Cutout and MAYBE get it fixed by spring when I drive the car again..

No Luck..
Old 01-06-2013, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol yea I haven't called in a while guess Ill give it a couple tries also this week... Honestly though if someone lives close to their warehouse you should just go there & see wtf is up!!
Old 01-07-2013, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

do you guys really feel safe sending it to them? i mean if it takes this long to get ahold of them how do you think the service is going to be when they get your cutouts...if you ever actually receive it back?
Old 01-07-2013, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ldyzluvdis06
do you guys really feel safe sending it to them? i mean if it takes this long to get ahold of them how do you think the service is going to be when they get your cutouts...if you ever actually receive it back?
Well technically if they don't return it advertising their "life time warranty" then thats a lawsuit coming their way
Old 01-07-2013, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What other choice do I have than sending it in? right now Its a smelly $350 paper weight taking up space on my work bench

I'm gonna be absolutely pissed If I have to order a QTP

if anything doesnt happen soon, might just break out the wd-40 and beat the thing with a hammer until it falls apart or starts working again

Quick Reply: Paging Anyone From DMH or Texas Speed....