Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp lid doesnt fit on stock lower airbox?????? help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks almost identical to mine and I too have the flopac.. Only difference is the black piece in the middle of the base ontop of the sheet metal 'ram'..Idk what that is, but I know I dont have it. May be the issue
Old 09-30-2012, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mattyfresh89
Looks almost identical to mine and I too have the flopac.. Only difference is the black piece in the middle of the base ontop of the sheet metal 'ram'..Idk what that is, but I know I dont have it. May be the issue
Thats just the middle peice of the base that is there stock...some people cut them out when they do the free ram air mod, and some cut around them and leave it. A bone stock air box base that has not been modified has that bar in the middle of it on the open side.
Attached Thumbnails slp lid doesnt fit on stock lower airbox?????? help!!-0612hppp_04z-slp_performance_parts-stock_radiator-1-.jpg  

Last edited by moeZ28; 09-30-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by moeZ28
The filter tray will not sit in there properly either until you remove that grey foam crap on the back side of your air box...the tray sits down all the way in there and the foam will be in the way.
aww crap, im basically i think just gonna buy the tray from ebay or dealer. I guess i gotta take out all that foam crap right? i think somone on here said what kinda cold air kit is in the middle of the airbox, i was told it was the SLP flowpac one but it looks old and yea, it grabs air from under the car.
anyways, so you guys think that cause the airbox insert is missing that will fix the fitment issue? I also obviously need to replace the crappy fram filter with a Wix instead of spending the big buc for the K AND N. so wix filters are avialable from where???

ptown racer, no prob was tryin to help. before i got this car i made at least 100 passes with a 95 trans am that was bone stock, down to the intake. well, the cat was taken off and i ran a hooker muffler, 13.83 at 99.8 with a 1.95 60' auto trans too.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by moeZ28
Thats just the middle peice of the base that is there stock...some people cut them out when they do the free ram air mod, and some cut around them and leave it. A bone stock air box base that has not been modified has that bar in the middle of it on the open side.
learn something new every day, thank you
Old 10-01-2012, 03:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

The tray should fix your prob.

I tried mine without the tray and it doesn't fit right.

Quick Reply: slp lid doesnt fit on stock lower airbox?????? help!!