Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP ASAP! Vacuum Leak??

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP ASAP! Vacuum Leak??

Im trying to figure out a idle issue im have at cold and hot start. My tuner is leaning more towards a vacuum leak issue at idle because not matter what he does it wont catch idle since we put the PCV Valve in line with the catchcan to the intake. Also im wondering how to secure the MAP sensors in the rear of the FAST 92 intakes so they arent so loose, it just bounces around like crazy, but from what ive heard the loose MAP isnt causing the idle issue. The car also has the factory PCV system deleted which now im second guessing how i have the PCV valave with NORRIS catch can set up on my car. Its a 2000 so i know the setups vary from certain years. As of now the way its run on my car is on the driver side valve cover, i have the large vacuum port blocked off on the rear. On the pass side, i have the the rear vacuum port block off, a valave clver breather and the front vacuum port open, which runs to the top o the catch can. The other line runs from the catch can to the intake with the PCV valve in line with it. Ever sice the PCV valve was put back it is when we had idle issues at cold and hot start. Even when we took the vacuum line off the intake and capped it off on the intake(to bypass the can from the valve cover to the intake) it would fight for idle even worse. The car idles fine once you feather it for a little bit till it finds it idle at 9-950rpms. Again, this issue is only at cold and hot start, the car is fine in traffic and driving except for some cam surge. PLEASE HELP!!!! Thanks all, heres a brief rundown of the motor:

Stock Cube 2000 LS1
PCV Delete
Norris Catch Can
FAST 92/NW 92
FTP Lid
HPS Smooth Bellow
Vengeance Specd Big Cam and TFS Milled Heads
Forged Bottom End
Raised Compression
Old 10-15-2012, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

really really hope someone can shed some light on this for me!

thanks in advance!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/1290483-help-catch-can-routing-issues-i-searched-pics-provided.html

Not sure I understand your description. If you don't understand the link above, post a pic. Good luck.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Helps a little thank you! Do you for see any reason i should have a vacuum leak at start up with the catch can pcv?
Old 10-16-2012, 12:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Make sure the O rings on the catch can aren't broken and on my 2000 I had a vacuum leak from the rubber hose that connects on the stemed part of the pcv valve. If your running a catch can that piece is probably gone but if not its somewhere to check.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Great thanks ill take a look asap!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the map sensor is loose you might as well start there first..there was a thread ive seen here a while back, the guy fixed the map tightly because it caused some issues (cant remember what exactly). i just hate when those tiny things happen and mess your whole car..

Quick Reply: NEED HELP ASAP! Vacuum Leak??