Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way to seal front of air box

Old 10-25-2012, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Best way to seal front of air box

Here recently I installed the CHRS 1313 ram air and used the supplied weatherstripping to seal it. Well I popped my hood this morning and found the weatehrstripping pushed back into the air box. I have a WS6 so my air box is taller which is why I think I'm having the problem, I ended up stacking the weather stripping about 7 strips high. I also have the hood debaffled which isn't helping.Anybody got any ideas on a more solid way to block off the front of the air box.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The weatherstripping that came with the SSRA was a really nice piece. It's a thick rubber seal much like one found on a door weather strip. It seals up the front on the box pretty good.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:21 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

For the Chrs1313

When I did mine I put the sticky side against the radiator holder / airbox part, not the metal frame, if that makes sense. I can remove the radiator support / airbox if I want and it stays put.

You very well may need to run to Lowe's and grab a new roll and redo it. It's like 5 bucks. Get the thick one though.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got an SS so the lower air box isn't as high as a WS6 , but I used rubber heater hose and screwed it to the front support , it seals awesome and stays put. Also thinking about using some hvac tape from lowes to seal around the inside

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best way to seal front of air box