Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True duals question

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True duals question

come across a set of true duals for sale locally. 3 inch ran all the way out the back with h-pipe and powerstick mufflers. was curious if anyone has a similar set up and how it sounds. will be running long tubes and no cats. i think its gonna be to loud for my taste, my buddy has long tubes no cats and loud mouth 1 and i think it sounds awful lol. i kinda like the thought of having true duals, but dont want it to be stupid loud. i really like the mellow tone of magnaflow, so i may just hold off and get that.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Sorry I dont have that setup however I have duals and have had a few y pipe setups. I agree 100% with your loudmouth statement. Its terrible. No offense anyone. Duals are so much different. H pipe is said to sound better than x pipes. You will probably love duals.

If its too loud add some resonators or mufflers at the rear (my preference) You will get more refined and crisp sound than you would think possible. Plus it is different.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

so it sounds nothing like the loudmout exhaust? i thought about buying it and if i didnt like it try to sale it again. would resonators at the end drop the noise down alot?
Old 10-26-2012, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

When I extended my tsp duals under the axle i added 2 vibrant resonators maybe the 12 inch ones...it changed the tone to more of a mustang sound and in my opinion reduced the loudness a lot. Its definitely a more manageable volume.

Vibrant also makes several resonators. They have some that reduces the db level more than what i used
Old 10-26-2012, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

They advertise the db reduction levels. Just check em out. Also search my threads on my profile, I posted up pics of the under axle.

No rasp. Night and day difference from the loudmouth. Not many have this setup and I haven't seen anyone else using resonators....maybe everybody will catch on. Keep in mind too I have a big cam and no cats as well so that makes it louder too
Old 10-26-2012, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dieselman88
come across a set of true duals for sale locally. 3 inch ran all the way out the back with h-pipe and powerstick mufflers. was curious if anyone has a similar set up and how it sounds. will be running long tubes and no cats. i think its gonna be to loud for my taste, my buddy has long tubes no cats and loud mouth 1 and i think it sounds awful lol. i kinda like the thought of having true duals, but dont want it to be stupid loud. i really like the mellow tone of magnaflow, so i may just hold off and get that.
Can you post pics , how much are they asking?
Old 10-26-2012, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

I don't have any pics of the set up, I'm not quite sure if there is enougu room at the end of the tail pipes to add resinators.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Yeah it wouldn't be a direct bolt on. Would need to cut weld etc
Old 10-26-2012, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

think im just gonna go with my original plan and get the magnaflow. that true dual set-up is made for cats, so ill either have to buy some or put in resinators in their place.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

True duals is really the only way to run an ls1...Pure muscle sound, not a hint of rasp, the sound goes with our cars look comparably to other setups. I've had flowmaster and loudmouth setups and they just don't compare to duals. They are by no means "too loud" They only get really loud with a cam setup. When I say loud though...it's the best sounding loud you can get. I personally will never go back to any ypipe setup again.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

they will be stupid loud with powersticks...trust me i know from experiance dude if ya know what i mean
Old 10-27-2012, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a lane system with x off headers and dynomax bullets. I probably will never change. Its loud, but in such a good way. Old school power sound, very little drone, shows off the cam well, and literally turns heads everywhere.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JustAFooL
I got a lane system with x off headers and dynomax bullets. I probably will never change. Its loud, but in such a good way. Old school power sound, very little drone, shows off the cam well, and literally turns heads everywhere.
+1 i get questions and nice comments everytime i hit a gas station. being that i have the dumped sweet thunder and 111 LSA donky dick cam. people just love it!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

+1 for the donkey dick cam

Lmao!

Quick Reply: True duals question