Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My true dual set-up

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 10:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FBGSU02
Just a cutout.
So, full stock exhaust with cats and a modified Y for the headers plus the cut out? And then went to 3" true duals, no wonder it runs so much better! Is it much louder than stock?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

The car has NO Rasp at all the video is very misleading. Maybe the garage putting off an echo. As I mentioned before the video does not do it justice.
All true TDs OTA are going to sound good, mufflers are just a matter of personal preference to fine tune the sound one likes. Video clips IMHO , are only good to see where its idling at and how big a cam it may have other than that, they are worthless unless taken with the very best equipment . Post some good pics of under the car !
Old 02-01-2013, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by slow ride 02
So, full stock exhaust with cats and a modified Y for the headers plus the cut out? And then went to 3" true duals, no wonder it runs so much better! Is it much louder than stock?
It had Longtubes, no cats, with electric cutout. if closed would go through stock muffler.

Now true duals with X-pipe. It is not as loud as open headers nor does it sound like a cat getting rapped. The sound got a lot deeper and power band starts earlier. OMC said it correctly videos are irrelevant unless for cam and idle. The actual sound of the car is different than the video suggest.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:39 PM
TECH Resident

It had Longtubes, no cats, with electric cutout. if closed would go through stock muffler.

Now true duals with X-pipe. It is not as loud as open headers nor does it sound like a cat getting rapped. The sound got a lot deeper and power band starts earlier. OMC said it correctly videos are irrelevant unless for cam and idle. The actual sound of the car is different than the video suggest.
Yeah, I didnt pay much attention to video. I want to do the same thing. I talked to guy a chambered exhaust this morning, I am thinking about going with the Corba Pac. They are 4" body. Do you think that they will fit? I know the Power Sticks are only 3 1/2" body.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am not sure if they will fit I was very limited in room. I put resonators ( shorten cobrapacks right before tips. So I have the regular sticks by drive shaft and resonators before tips. Make sure exhaust guy is very very good and meticulous. Bc little room for error. that thing will rattle on everything if your not careful.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

The pipes that connect the headers to the x pipe. Where they fabbed up or did you buy them pre bent?
Old 02-02-2013, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

The guy fabricated the entire thing off just looking and bending. Amazing talent.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Launching!

looks good.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by slow ride 02
Yeah, I didnt pay much attention to video. I want to do the same thing. I talked to guy a chambered exhaust this morning, I am thinking about going with the Corba Pac. They are 4" body. Do you think that they will fit? I know the Power Sticks are only 3 1/2" body.
Slow Ride - I talked with you. Let me know if the Cobras are going to fit & I'll build them.

-Eric
Classic Chambered
Old 02-02-2013, 11:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

The price was not to bad. I was shocked. If you live in the vicinity of savannah ga and want true duals I highly suggest this shop. You tell them what you want and they will build it.
Will be doing something similar, but dumped on the wife's T/A. What is the name of the shop?
Old 02-03-2013, 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

OP Who's X pipe did you use, there's like 5+ on Ebay?
Old 02-03-2013, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's a Flo-pro version stainless 3".

Diet- pming you his number.

Quick Reply: My true dual set-up