Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP True Duals install with BBK Headers + Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP True Duals install with BBK Headers + Pics

Hey everyone, I've had my BBK headers and y pipe for a few months now and just wasnt happy with my catback (flowmaster muffler with stock piping) so instead of looking to buy another catback, I just went ahead and bought the TSP duals with Bullets that I've heard so much about. Before I purchased them I knew I would need to do some mods because the headers are a flange type.

Well, the first problem I encountered was that basically, the setup was too narrow, well for me atleast, because I understand they are made to work with their own headers etc. So I had to go to a local exhaust shop to have them make an extension to reach the rest of the pipes going into the x pipe. You can kinda see that in the second pic.

Then there was the obvious problem of the flanges, my first idea was to maybe cut the flanges off the y pipe and clamp or weld them onto the true duals but the y pipe was simply too small. So the only other thing to do was to take the headers off and grind the flanges off so that the pipes would slide over the headers and I could clamp them using the supplied clamps. (Note I had to grind the clamps to fit around the o2s for it to fit all the way on the collector.

And once we got everything hung up there and bolted down it was cake (oh and btw relocate the fuel lines before hanging the exhaust lol)

And another thing; I didn't like the way the car looked without exhaust tips so if anyone needs some advice about it, a good way is if you make some brackets as shown and mount them up to the back bolting into the bumper bolts it works great to fill those gigantic holes in the bumper.

Hope this helps anyone with the BBK headers that wanna run the TSP dual setup
Attached Thumbnails TSP True Duals install with BBK Headers + Pics-wp_20121228_001.jpg   TSP True Duals install with BBK Headers + Pics-wp_20121228_009.jpg   TSP True Duals install with BBK Headers + Pics-wp_20121228_008.jpg   TSP True Duals install with BBK Headers + Pics-wp_20121228_007.jpg   TSP True Duals install with BBK Headers + Pics-wp_20121228_004.jpg  

Old 12-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Staging Lane

More pics of fake exhaust tips on the car. And of course a sound clip http://s1302.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=0
Attached Thumbnails TSP True Duals install with BBK Headers + Pics-wp_20121228_005.jpg   TSP True Duals install with BBK Headers + Pics-wp_20121228_006.jpg  

Last edited by av8er1555; 12-28-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I was always wondering about this. I have bbks and want duals, I didn't know they can be made to work together. I was always just thinking about cutting the ends off the y pipe with the flanges and welding them to the dual set up.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never got why people add tips to true duals. I think dual dumps look alot nicer than any tips on the market.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mjs1012
I was always wondering about this. I have bbks and want duals, I didn't know they can be made to work together. I was always just thinking about cutting the ends off the y pipe with the flanges and welding them to the dual set up.
See I tried that but with the extra amount of room it takes to weld the flanges on and trying to step it up to the 3 inch pipe it was just easier to pull the headers out (15 mins because the BBKs have a great fit with lots of room) and grind the flanges off of them and slip fit the duals.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by adamantium
Never got why people add tips to true duals. I think dual dumps look alot nicer than any tips on the market.
To each their own. Personally I thought it looked nicer than just the holes in the back.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Looks and sounds good, I have been waiting for texas speed to get their duals back in so I can throw a set on my car, why not get an exhaust shop to just bend you some pipes to run under the rear axle to your tips?
Old 01-02-2013, 12:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bmaston
Looks and sounds good, I have been waiting for texas speed to get their duals back in so I can throw a set on my car, why not get an exhaust shop to just bend you some pipes to run under the rear axle to your tips?
Thanks, I'm lowered and surprised that the clearance isn't that bad after a little bit of tweaking so I might consider doing that later. I was gonna hold out for the sweet thunders but I didn't know if they were ever going to be back on the site for sale so I just got the bullets and I'm VERY happy with the sound.

Quick Reply: TSP True Duals install with BBK Headers + Pics