Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help picking cat back/cut out combo for Big Cam

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for everyones help!! Gonna go with a hooker areochamber cat back with some cutouts and maybe even some cats it need be (after cats)
Old 02-07-2013, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be sure to get a before and after video
Old 05-19-2013, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to bring back an older thread, but I am curious if you ever installed the Hooker catback yet? I have a cam in mine similar to yours, and I need to change from a Flowmaster, as it is too loud and robbing power. I was seriously considering the Hooker as MF is just too quiet for me.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a couple of SLP Dual Dual mufflers for sale in the classifieds. That's the set-up I'd definitely go with. I had one on my old ws6 and I loved it. It was super quiet, absolutely no drone, and with a cut-out you could flip a switch and have loudness all of the sudden! I, unfortunately, traded it for a TSP Rumbler like an idiot before selling the car

*edit*I just realized that this thread was from February lol, hope you like your Hooker *edit*
Old 05-19-2013, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by AmarilloWS6
There's a couple of SLP Dual Dual mufflers for sale in the classifieds. That's the set-up I'd definitely go with. I had one on my old ws6 and I loved it. It was super quiet, absolutely no drone, and with a cut-out you could flip a switch and have loudness all of the sudden! I, unfortunately, traded it for a TSP Rumbler like an idiot before selling the car

*edit*I just realized that this thread was from February lol, hope you like your Hooker *edit*
That's what I was to an suggest as well. My firehawk with the dual dual is quieter than my friends car with the same mods and the magnaflow. It's also got an amazing wot sound that no other setup has. IMO it sounds nearly like a higher pitched c5 exhaust.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Exeodus
Sorry to bring back an older thread, but I am curious if you ever installed the Hooker catback yet? I have a cam in mine similar to yours, and I need to change from a Flowmaster, as it is too loud and robbing power. I was seriously considering the Hooker as MF is just too quiet for me.
Here's my Hooker:

Here is one with a cam:
Old 05-21-2013, 12:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SWEET98SS
I have the mufflex hidden tip with the magnaflow, no drone, quite while cruising but loud when you get on it. I came from flowmaster with a cutout and am still satisfied with the sound.
I have longtubes, 3.5" y and the 4" mufflex muffler and single hidden tip.

232/239 .617/.624 Off the top of my head. I have a cut out and I haven't opened it since the cam. I imagine it would be very loud. My car is very quiet on the inside, but very loud at idle on the outside. Cruising isn't really loud at all. The mufflex stuff is big and rattles alot. Mine hits my panhard bar.

EDIT: TOO LATE LOL.

Last edited by flattusmaximus78; 05-21-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Help picking cat back/cut out combo for Big Cam