Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running SLP Loudmouth 1 mufflers on Texas Speed True Duals?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013 | 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 94 White T/A
Why not just run straight pipe? That's basically all they are, i wouldn't pay for 2 of them. I'd personally run a bullet of some kind, no use in paying $100 for a 1 foot section of pipe
I guess I could just remove the bullets off the TSP True Duals and see what that sounds like.
Old 03-04-2013 | 02:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I guess I could just remove the bullets off the TSP True Duals and see what that sounds like.
Yup, pretty much the same. The LM1's are just an "expansion chamber"
Old 03-05-2013 | 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The thing is, the TSP True Duals used to come with Dynomax Bullets as an option, but they no longer do, and the bullet mufflers used now are a different brand. I've seen a Dynomax Bullet and the ones I have are not them. I asked Texas Speed about this when I received the duals and that's when they told me they no longer use the Dynomax Bullets. The bullets that came with mine seem to be more restrictive and have these tiny triangle looking things throughout the entire bullet.
Kind of like chambered mufflers or power sticks? Like this?

Because this is what came on mine and they are loud as ****. It's almost as loud as when I ran it open headers for a day. After hearing that SOM TA I think I might throw a set of LMII on there because it's almost obnoxiously loud.
Old 03-05-2013 | 12:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Streetlegal?
Kind of like chambered mufflers or power sticks? Like this?

Because this is what came on mine and they are loud as ****. It's almost as loud as when I ran it open headers for a day. After hearing that SOM TA I think I might throw a set of LMII on there because it's almost obnoxiously loud.
No, mine don't look like that at all. Those are their chambered style mufflers option, which I was told by Texas Speed is the second loudest option; one (loudest) being the bullet style mufflers and the third being the Spintech mufflers.
Old 03-06-2013 | 01:07 AM
TECH Regular

Hes talking about this: A louvered core muffler

http://motoiq.smugmug.com/photos/592323950_Ero9R-M.jpg
Old 03-06-2013 | 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Somehow, I doubt there would be a measurable power difference between that and a couple of LMI resonators. It is your car, but basically you would be wasting your time and money.
Old 03-06-2013 | 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Main reason I did it cause that's what I had laying around.
Old 03-06-2013 | 07:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
Somehow, I doubt there would be a measurable power difference between that and a couple of LMI resonators. It is your car, but basically you would be wasting your time and money.
I'm not looking to do this for more power. I'm wanting a different sound. I'll sell the bullet mufflers before I buy the LM1 resonators, so I'm not going to be out much money.
Old 03-06-2013 | 11:56 PM
10 Second Club

If you're looking for sound that is defined then the lm systems are the furthest from that.
Old 03-08-2013 | 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, mine don't look like that at all. Those are their chambered style mufflers option, which I was told by Texas Speed is the second loudest option; one (loudest) being the bullet style mufflers and the third being the Spintech mufflers.
Ok that's what I thought but wasn't sure. If these are supposed to be the second loudest then I cant imagine how loud the bullets are because my car is incredibly loud. I love the tone I just want to quiet it down a bit.
Old 03-09-2013 | 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

I can see why the OP wants to switch,

The tsp rumbler duals are pretty quiet. The sound good, but very quiet. TSP built them that way to flow and sound like dynomax bullets, but to be a tad quieter.

I also have rumbler duals and thinking about switching to 1 chamber flow master. But im not sure if the 1 chambers are louder and flow well.
Old 03-09-2013 | 11:06 AM
Teching In

http://s.ytimg.com/yts/img/pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif

this is how mine sounded but was too fucken loud. couldn't hear anyone on my phone. sucked if driving on streets, but at the track amazing. did swap it for a magnaflow exhaust cat-back love it now very drive able.
Old 03-09-2013 | 11:08 AM
Teching In

Quick Reply: Anyone running SLP Loudmouth 1 mufflers on Texas Speed True Duals?