Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Ram Air

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 07:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP Ram Air

I have one of the slp ram air parts that goes under the airbox. I have a hawk so I have ram air. Is this even useful to me or should I get rid of it? Building max effort h/c any input would be great. Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 07:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wikked00Hawk516
I have one of the slp ram air parts that goes under the airbox. I have a hawk so I have ram air. Is this even useful to me or should I get rid of it? Building max effort h/c any input would be great. Thanks
In all honesty OP, yes. If it's the induction package that is. Right after installing it and taking it for a test drive, I noticed better throttle response and even some pickup. It also makes a difference when you get a tune specially for it.

I've had mine on since last August and haven't had any problems!

TL;DR: +1 for the SLP ram air
Old 03-07-2013, 09:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Wikked00Hawk516
In my opinion either keep it and seal the front of the air box and get the SSRA lower extension off ebay for $70 IIRC, sell it and go with a complete SSRA or Chrs1313 ram air (still seal the front of the airbox), or get rid of it and de-baffle the hood and get a BG ram air from WS6store. If you are truly going "mat effort" I would recommend the SSRA or chrs1313 in the non-AC version to get the most air to the engine, both have been proven to work well.

Just so you know, the Hawk and even WS6 hoods are not really "functional Ram Air" unless you de-baffle them and seal the hood to the intake.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Teching In

My aftermarket ws6 fiberglass hood came without the baffles. how do you suggest i seal the hood to the intake for "true" ram air?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

The SSRA or Chris1313 is going to work better
Old 03-30-2013, 09:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by z-camaro
In my opinion either keep it and seal the front of the air box and get the SSRA lower extension off ebay for $70 IIRC, sell it and go with a complete SSRA or Chrs1313 ram air (still seal the front of the airbox), or get rid of it and de-baffle the hood and get a BG ram air from WS6store. If you are truly going "mat effort" I would recommend the SSRA or chrs1313 in the non-AC version to get the most air to the engine, both have been proven to work well.

Just so you know, the Hawk and even WS6 hoods are not really "functional Ram Air" unless you de-baffle them and seal the hood to the intake.
^^ this is great advise

Of going max effort you are leaving an easy 15rwhp on the table with the slp ram air induction over a larger NON ac ram air kit like the one I make for speed inc...

This came kit gave me 12rwhp over an slp/ftra type setup back when I was Stock internal...it was also the same kit on my car when I went 9.82 at 134mph...

What some other member feedback

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...air-worth.html

Hit me up with any questions as I have been down the max effort heads/cam path and I will try and guide you from what I learned works and doesn't so much

Chris

Quick Reply: SLP Ram Air