Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLP headers/ what Y pipe fits?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLP headers/ what Y pipe fits?

I traded my old stock T/A wheels for a set of ceramic FLP LTs and a 3:73 gear set, and I had no idea that FLP headers and Y's are no longer sold.. so now I need a Y pipe that'll work with these.. anyone know of anything else that'll work? or am I going to have to have one made? or better yet anyone gotta FLP Y pipe for sale??
Old 05-05-2013, 04:21 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have a 3" v-band flange, so nothing will fit without fabrication. I bought a TSP y-pipe and some v-bands and am going to try to mate the two up in hopes to quiet the car down compared to the true duals that are currently on it.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Teching In

that's exactly what I didn't want to hear lol, but let me know if you get that to work.. as it is I guess my 2 options are either bolting them on and driving around with open headers trying to find a shop that'll fab me up an ORY, or just trying to sell them. ... Thanx for the info tho
Old 05-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Teching In

oh and, just curiosity.. you're taking true duals off? what are you replacing it with?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:28 AM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

The true duals are just too loud and the ground clearance is bad. I changed the mufflers a few years ago and it was still too loud. I know a Y-pipe and single muffler will quiet it down. I have a Magnaflow catback and have been tossing around the idea of running that.

I live in Maine and to get an inspection sticker your exhaust isn't suppose to be any louder than stock. I think the max they allow is 95-96db at a specified RPM. When I checked mine it was that loud at idle. I suppose since I have an SS I could always run an SLP exhaust and that would be considered stock.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Teching In

so your true duals are setup for FLP headers? when you take it off, send it to me .. I live in TN and have no emissions testing and as far as I know no noise restrictions

does that TSP Y have V-band flanges? or are you going to have to modify it? I was planning on going with BBK headers and Y pipe until this guy offered me these FLPs.. if it ends up being too big of a PITA or cost me any more $$ than the BBKs would, i'm switching back to that route.

I'm sure if I just put the headers on and went to an exhaust shop they could fab up a Y pipe but, even tho we have no emissions testing the shops around here are still pretty bad about not wanting touch anything without a cat and i'd prefer to have a ORY
Old 05-08-2013, 07:15 AM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

The exhaust is so heavy and large there is no way I want to ship it. It's also not perfect, it leaves a little to be desired, and hangs quite low.

I bought some V-band flanges and am going to weld them some 3" cats I purchased. Then I'm going to attempt to find a way to mate up the TSP Y-pipe which shouldn't be too big of a deal.

I'm aware of how good you guys have it as far as inspections go. I can only dream we'd have it that easy up here. My car came from Memphis originally. I flew down and drove my car back to Maine and it was louder before I changed the mufflers. So bad, I had a headache for about three days from the noise after the scenic ~1600 mile drive.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Teching In

yea I bet the shipping bill wouldn't be pretty, and seeing as how my car is lowered a low hanging exhaust wouldn't be the best idea anyway.. I've made the trip from TN to Old Orchard Beach, Maine and back by car before and it wasn't fun even in an unmodified car, I can only imagine how bad that sucked lol
Old 05-08-2013, 08:40 AM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Heh, you went to OOB. I bet that was disappointing once you finally got there. I can see it being fun for a day or two, unless you're just there to go to the Beach. I live about 15 minutes away, usually swing by to check out the scenery once a month or so during the summer.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Teching In

Yea my ex's family was from there, i was there for a couple weeks and it did get pretty boring

Quick Reply: FLP headers/ what Y pipe fits?