Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reverse locked out, no ENG SENS fuse blown

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reverse locked out, no ENG SENS fuse blown

ok, so about 6 month ago i installed race style long tube headers with no cat ypipe, used extensions for the o2s. car had already been tuned for cam when it was running on stock exhaust manifolds and is running same tune now with headers (for time being, just for background info)

about a week ago after closing the cutout i have, i noticed that reverse was locked out and there was an SES light on the dash. went home, searched on here for p0102 (maf/reverse lock/skip shift/o2 circuit) and came up with the ENG SENS fuse being blown because of an o2 wire melting against headers so i checked fuse and it was not blown but it was of the wrong amperage (10a vs 20a). changed to correct amperage fuse, replaced blown cooling fan fuse, disconnected/connected battery and started car and no more code and reverse working.

fast forward about a week or two and light is back on, reverse is locked out again and ENG SENS fuse is NOT blown, can i rule out melted wires/shorting since fuse is not blowing?

why would reverse lockout solenoid be locking out when circuit does not seem to be shorting? and if it is actual solenoid, why throwing code for MAF instead of for solenoid malfunction? seems to idle fine, no change in idle with maf disconnected, also tried disconnecting passenger o2 sensor and SES light still on

thanks in advance

Last edited by idlerelaxation; 05-07-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Teching In

only changes that happened the day of initial SES light was me closing cutout after it being open for about a week or two and it was raining rather hard down here in miami
Old 05-08-2013, 07:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it the same code being thrown as before? There is probably a damage wire or sensor that you have not found/thought of. Reverse lockout comes on when you are above a certain mph, do you think you damaged a speed sensor, or wire coming from one?
Old 05-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Teching In

yes, throwing same code p0102 and reverse is locked out again

wouldnt the ENG SENS fuse blow if a damaged wire had contacted something? also, if a speed sensor was malfunctioning, why throwing the maf related code?

if lets say the maf was not working, would throwing the code also cause the reverse to lockout? or is it not that dependent in circuit?
Old 05-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had that same issue happen to me at the track after a reallll nice burnout. really embarrassing. I had to replace the reverse lockout solenoid. if I remmember correctly the code was one of those "hidden" codes that only the dealership can view from their fancy pcm readers (my buddy at a chevrolet dealership checked it for me). replaced and works great now
Old 05-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Teching In

seems strange that it would be an actual part failure since the first time i was able to get it working correctly again for about 150miles of driving

if i disconnect the reverse lockout solenoid and run car, if it were the problem, would the p0102 light not come on?

Quick Reply: reverse locked out, no ENG SENS fuse blown