Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catch Can W/Fast 92 and LS6 Valley Cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Catch Can W/Fast 92 and LS6 Valley Cover

I was curious if any of you are using a catch can while using a Fast 92 and the 2004 LS6 valley cover.

The intake and valley cover are the mods I will be using and I was wondering if there was any need to place a catch can into the mix.

Cheers,

Q
Old 07-05-2013, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am, my intake's dry as a bone and my catch rarely catches anything because the ls6 valley cut back on consumption. I also used ls6 coolant lines.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

That is great news to hear and nice setup you have there! I wanted to use the catch can just for looks but since it is functional, that is even better.

You are running the same catch can (mine is bare aluminum) I will be running..

Q
Old 07-05-2013, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Qfly
That is great news to hear and nice setup you have there! I wanted to use the catch can just for looks but since it is functional, that is even better.

You are running the same catch can (mine is bare aluminum) along with the same tensioner I will be using.

Q
Thanks man. It's a great set-up, I've loved it so far. I took my intake off recently and it was dry! Not even mist! Even though I have fuel rail covers I also like not having crappy ls1 lines running all around my motor. I bought the belt tensioner for aesthetic reasons only, I thought it'd look good next to my catch can, it does keep the belt nice and tight though compared to the stocker.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IMO, if you intake has anymore than a light film of oil in it, then get a CC; otherwise don't. I also have a CC with my newer ls6 valley cover and FAST 92 intake, 2 actually a small one of the passenger side head and a larger RevXtreme down below the passenger side headlight.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:55 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I catch about a quarter cup of oil in mine around every 5k miles. The new LS6 valley does leaps and bounds better than the old PCV system, but thats still over a cup of oil that would have went through my intake had it not been for the catch can.

Quick Reply: Catch Can W/Fast 92 and LS6 Valley Cover