Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone With Texas Speed Duals Switch Mufflers? Post your sound clip here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 06:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone With Texas Speed Duals Switch Mufflers? Post your sound clip here.

Hey guys,

I've currently got pacesetter lt's with texas speed true duals and spiral flows dumped.

I am thinking of switching up the spiral flows and have been looking through ls1sounds and youtube but can't find too many setups with my exhaust and different mufflers. So post up and show off your noise.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Chambered mufflers by sweet thunder
Old 07-10-2013, 07:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Chambered mufflers by sweet thunder
That's my #1 choice right now, but those were an option with duals and I was just curious what other mufflers people had put on there and what they sounded like.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I 'd read through this thread. Lot of people talking about the same topic.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...7#post17534477
Old 07-10-2013, 12:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've got the Texas Speed dumped duals as well, but with their bullet mufflers. I've thought about switching out mufflers as well. Have you considered the Flowmaster 10 series single chamber mufflers? They sound outstanding.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I've switched muffler several times.....I went from old sweet thunders, power sticks, cobra packs, LPP stainless, dynomax bullets, and back to the new high performance sweet thunders......of all, the sweet.thunders sound best.....by far
Old 07-10-2013, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bullets have alittle too much of of a popping sound....louder than spiral flows though.
Super 10s have tons of base...very deep, sound better on mustangs imo.
Chambered is where its at. Sweet thunders sound amazing on ls1s comparably to other mufflers imo.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I've got the Texas Speed dumped duals as well, but with their bullet mufflers. I've thought about switching out mufflers as well. Have you considered the Flowmaster 10 series single chamber mufflers? They sound outstanding.
I agree with this I am in love with the way my Super 10 single chambers sound and the sound gets better each day. The only problem is that the drone on the highway with the windows up is too much to bear after say an hour. I am now looking to swap to bullets with longer bodies and fiberglass packing in the future (Magnaflow) and will probably just end up running them out the back as running out the back with my one chamber setup would be too difficult as I had to move them to the sides to maximize ground clearance while avoiding the torque arm and driveshaft.

Quick Reply: Anyone With Texas Speed Duals Switch Mufflers? Post your sound clip here.