Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DMH E-Cutout Results (Cool, but a little dissapointed)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 03:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DMH E-Cutout Results (Cool, but a little dissapointed)

Okay, I've got them installed. I got the DMH dual 2.5" E-Cutouts with Flowtechs. We completely reworked my entire exhaust, from the exhaust manifolds on back (including TOG Headers install).
I have true dual 2.5" and the cutouts are in before the cats.
We moved the cats down more toward the mufflers so we could fit the cutouts in between the headers and cats without being to close to the front O2s.

First off, they leak HORRIBLY.
Is leaking expected when you go with E-Cutouts?? I was hoping not and am very dissapointed about this.

Secondly, when I hit the throttle with them shut, they seem to crack open a bit. It sounds like an even worse exhaust leak when they are cracked open like this, so then I'll reach down and bump the switch to get'em to shut again. (kind of annoiying after a while).

I emailed DMH....and am still waiting for a response after over a day and a half. I fully believe he will get it straightened out....he seemed super-nice on the phone.

-Brandon
Old 04-29-2004, 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have the DMH cutouts.. I'm running the McCords. I do have a slight leak in mine, but it isn't really noticable. Maybe you should try using a bit of High Temp RTV sealant to help them seal better?

Do you have any pictures of your setup?

Good Luck..

Last edited by Z28Venom; 04-29-2004 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Should have saved yourself the headache and gone with quick time performances QTEC. Its a great product that has been around for quite a while and I have yet to have a problem with mine (no leaks, rattles, falling apart or any of that other BS normally associated with other brands)

Also QTP is a site sponsor, so thats an extra incentive to buy from them.....Without site sponsors we would have no LS1tech.com
Old 04-30-2004, 09:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
Should have saved yourself the headache and gone with quick time performances QTEC. Its a great product that has been around for quite a while and I have yet to have a problem with mine (no leaks, rattles, falling apart or any of that other BS normally associated with other brands)

Also QTP is a site sponsor, so thats an extra incentive to buy from them.....Without site sponsors we would have no LS1tech.com

Well, I may end up going with QTPs.

I have to say the quality of the DMH is awesome, its just the leaking.
I have heard bad about all 3 brands.....there are so many opinions.
I think its just the nature of electric cutouts that you cant always get them to seal up when shut. I've done searches and found complaints about all 3 brands.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

Im assuming the leak is comming from the flap, that "closes" the cut out. If so that really sucks. Poor quality IMO. But if its from anywhere else, High Temp RTV between the cracks really works.

I had a header leak for a few months, then it was an exhaust leak. It drove me insane to the point I wanted to sell my car.
Old 05-01-2004, 03:44 AM
On The Tree

my buddy has a DMH and he said a lot of people were having to send them back because there was something wrong with the motors and they had to put new motors on them, but i dont know if they have resolved the issue yet
Old 05-01-2004, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

I run a QTEC and love it
Old 05-01-2004, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

I heard someone say they always run with it slightly open because of the leaks...
Old 05-02-2004, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

I have also read a lot of posts on the QTPs not sealing well either. I wanted dual cutouts but these leaking issues have swayed me from dropping $100+. I can unbolt my y-pipe and get an exhaust leak for free, I sure don't need pay for it.

Quick Reply: DMH E-Cutout Results (Cool, but a little dissapointed)