Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weiand lingenfelter intake question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 12:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Weiand lingenfelter intake question

Im coming up on my time of doing my intake, cam install and i purchased the lingenfelter intake from a buddy used. If im not mistaken all i got was the intake with the brass plugs on the rear and used gaskets nothing else. Im putting this on my 1999 Camaro with the factory intake still on it. Ive searched all over and i am getting different answers, besides new gaskets and brass plugs on the back what else is needed to make this intake work???? Ive read things about different bolts and ls6 coolant tubes different valley cover bolts and others say no. Need to know what is really going to be needed for me to make this work and where to get it.

Also what type of paint did you use to paint the intake and how did it look 6-12 mo ths down the road painted? Thanks for your help guys
Old 07-21-2013, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

Any help guys??
Old 07-21-2013, 01:51 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd just do the LS6 coolant tubes/PCV conversion while you're at it simply for convenience. Then you're done messing around with stuff and can make the swap easy when you decided it's time for a FAST.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

Know anything on the bolts?
Old 07-22-2013, 07:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you mite find the allen head button bolts at home depot .or contact TSP ,they mite sell the bolts .a ls1 coolant mite fit under the intake ,mite have to bend it down a little.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to have one on my 98ws6, the bolts are shorter the the factory manifolds. Also you may need to extend the small vacuum line that goes to the back of the manifold. The factory hose is too short and the port is on the opposite side on the weiand manifold.
You should not have to replace the brass plugs, you can get the vacuum line from any auto parts store and you may have to lengthen the hose for the brake booster.
It would be a good idea to get the Felpro perma seal gaskets, the stock ones are crap and it leaked constantly with those.
The Felpro gaskets will take care of that.
For the bolts I would call weiand directly and they can give you the size and then you can order the through summit, that's what I did and I bought polished ARP bolts to match the polished finished on the manifold

It sounds like extra work but you just need to extend some hoses and get good gaskets, and you will need the ls6 coolant lines for it to work.
My car made 405 through a stalled auto with this manifold and a small cam.
Any other questions just ask.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

Thank you for all your help I appreciate it. You would think when your buying something from a close friend they would go out of there way to make sure you have everything. Bought a nitrous kit from him too and its missing half of the stuff I need. Cant trust anyone these days. Thanks again
Old 07-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Launching!

Not a problem bro, if you have any more questions just let me know. It's a good manifold it just takes a few little things to get them on right.
I am surprised your buddy didn't at least give you the bolts for it?
The ARP bolts will look much better but damn
Old 07-23-2013, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

Ya everything was stashed in a couple boxes and i seung through after work to pick it all up it was like 10 at night i was beat and ready toget home didnt feel like goin theough everything cuz i trusted him and look what happened lol
Old 07-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Launching!

Don't trust anyone LOL

Quick Reply: Weiand lingenfelter intake question