Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSD 2 step HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 12:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MSD 2 step HELP!!

I originally wanted to go with a Lingenfelter LNC-003, but when I ordered it from Speed Inc. I was told it was on backorder so I decided to give the MSD a shot... Well, I don't have a clue how to get this thing to work correctly... I wired it up the first time exactly as the instructions directed utilizing the clutch switch. The 2 step module would activate (LED would come on) when I turned the key on but when I started the engine and pressed the clutch, nothing... I've read every damn thread with the words 2 step and MSD I can find and wired it several different ways that people on here have had luck with. I currently have the pin connector wired to the purple and white wire on the clutch switch, and connected to the blue wire on the 2 step module which is what the instructions say to use when wired to a switched ground... The 2 step works but the only problem with this is the 2 step is staying activated all the time. Just normal driving anytime I reach 3500rpm with or without the clutch pressed, in gear, neutral, etc. the 2 step activates.... Idk what the heck to do, I'm about to pull my hair out trying to figure I out. I've called MSD and the guy I talked to didn't think the 2 step module was bad since it is activating at the correct rpm, he thinks it has something to do with how it's wired. Only thing I haven't tried is wiring the pin wire to the gray ECM wire pin 32, which I've read that people have had luck with. Someone PLEASE help lol
Old 08-31-2013, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

Got it working this morning just as it should. Found this connector view in another thread last night while I was digging around trying to find a solution. In that thread it was said to wire the pin wire from the 2 step module to the gry wire pin C on the CPP and I tried that first but it worked bass ackwords, so I then wired it to the brn/wht wire pin A on the CPP and it worked exactly like it should. Only activates now with the clutch pedal pressed. I'm glad to finally have this figured out and hopefully this might help someone else in the future.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

Just curious, does your car have traction control?
Old 09-21-2013, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black 99 Bird
Just curious, does your car have traction control?
Sorry, forgot about this thread.. Yes it does.

Quick Reply: MSD 2 step HELP!!