Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High Idle. Trouble code list inside. Im stumped

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coSPEED2
First off is to check and see if you are getting the same readings as you are getting on your wife's car. Since you have another Fbody it makes it alot easier to compare. Sometimes bad terminals can cause you to get stuck in left field. Make sure all the terminals look good in the first place. They can vibrate open and cause little to no connection and therefore communication.
I have traced the 4 wires coming off of the IAC valve all the way to the PCM and it all checks out, no frays, not even a scratch on any of the wires' insulation...and now i need new wire looms lol, but at least I ruled that out. The plug also checks out with no bent terminals.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

The easier way would have been to use a meter and use the continuity checker lol. There are quite a few pinouts here on tech esp for LS swaps that are helpful.

There are some areas in the tune where you can max out the IAC counts and it will make it idle oddly all the time.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by coSPEED2
The easier way would have been to use a meter and use the continuity checker lol. There are quite a few pinouts here on tech esp for LS swaps that are helpful.

There are some areas in the tune where you can max out the IAC counts and it will make it idle oddly all the time.
Yea, I know lol. I just wanted to check and make sure it didnt have any exposed wire anywhere...the engine was swapped by the previous owner so I was just making sure.

Quick Reply: High Idle. Trouble code list inside. Im stumped