Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 chamber vs. bullets

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
You never referred to any particular Flowmaster muffler in your post so the way I read it is that you were making a generalized statement about all Flowmaster mufflers. I know that some of the higher series Flowmasters choke power, particularly the direct replacement muffler for the stock cat-back. I've just seen too many times on here people "generalizing" all Flowmaster mufflers with the one that's a replacement for the cat-back.
It is true that I did not name any particular model of Flowmaster muffler in my post. However, there is no logical way to take my post and form it into how you perceived it. "MY Flowmaster", "choking power out of MY engine".

All logical fallacies aside, I do understand people mindlessly repeating things that they've heard with no evidence to back it up. (heat-soak/heat-sink or whatever they call it, GMO'S, etc.). It does get very annoying. You chose the right response for the wrong post.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:03 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Who cares what you said. Your entire post was irrelevant. We're talking about the 10 series here. You do realize that is heading of thread that YOU CLICKED ON? Furthermore, all Flowmaster mufflers do NOT sound alike. My 10 series sound nothing at all like an 80 series does. And while you are right that the 80 series is resrictive and some 40/50 series hurt power when used incorrectly, the 10 series does not.
1. My post was directed to a particular individual (and it wasn't you). Therefore your post is also "irrelevant".

2. Apparently you care what I said because you got mad enough to reply to it.

3. Proper grammar goes a long way when you are trying to make somebody else look dumb.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fourth-Gen Man
1. My post was directed to a particular individual (and it wasn't you). Therefore your post is also "irrelevant".

2. Apparently you care what I said because you got mad enough to reply to it.

3. Proper grammar goes a long way when you are trying to make somebody else look dumb.
Speaking of grammatical errors, you misspelled "I'm wrong." Do you see where I put the period? BEFORE the quotation, NOT after.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
Sounds good sweetbone. How do you like the 1 chambers compared to spiral flows? I swapped out my tsp rumbler bullets for 1 chambers and like it better. I like the distinct sound when reving the 1 chambers.
I love these Flowmasters. I liked the spiral flows, but after over 4 years of having them they just were not sounding loud enough to me unless I was going WOT. After reading thread after thread, post after post about 1 chambers being the cat's ***, I wanted to switch. It's such a great sound now. I am now setting off car alarms in parking lots just STARTING the car up and not even revving it. WOT is absolutely amazing. The only thing I was hoping for was the "cam chop" to be a little more pronounced. Switching to 1 chambers did accentuate the cam over the Spiral Flows, but I recall seeing someones video with the same cam and the cam was thumping, like getting ready to stall out thumping. But overall I would give them a 10/10 for sure .
Old 08-25-2014, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Have your tuner drop the idle rpm. That will give you more chop.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok,

Finally got my LS6 head and 233/239 cam installed and tuned. My car sounds like a monster with the 1 chambers. The sound is amazing. The look on peoples faces is epic. It is very loud. But amazing loud.

I wil say that i was disappointed with just bolt ons and headers with 1 chambers as it was very quiet. The cam and heads just completely woke it up.

I will say my tuner was not expecting it to be that loud at all. He was impressed with the sound. It might not be loud like dynomax bullets but its just a slight tad quieter but still loud. And i have turndowns.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Video clip. We need a video clip.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Video clip. We need a video clip.
Lol... i gotcha...

Quick Reply: 1 chamber vs. bullets