Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hooker 4th-gen F-body Headers and Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 08:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad Machine
Ah, I must have missed the part about the pipes overlaping. I was thinking they would be the same diameter and have to be butt welded together. Thanks for all your responses, they have been very helpful.
No problem, your installation should be a fairly straight forward affair.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Hey Toddoky, any word on why these orders are taking so long? I ordered through Colorado Speed 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. Great that you have demand and all, but what gives? $1000 tied up for 3 weeks and no product...
Old 10-08-2015, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you order the 50 state or off road version?
Old 10-08-2015, 03:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by themealonwheels
Hey Toddoky, any word on why these orders are taking so long? I ordered through Colorado Speed 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. Great that you have demand and all, but what gives? $1000 tied up for 3 weeks and no product...
The lapse is fairly typical for new products as they are added to the production schedule after they are released and wait for their turn in the rotation. In other words, new products don't get a priority "bump" ahead of other part numbers already on the production schedule. After the first run, the min quantity on the shelf drives the production signal to make more, which is what keeps backorders to a minimum. Taking a little longer to get is an unfortunate reality with newly released parts. I hope this clears it up for you.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Toddoky
The lapse is fairly typical for new products as they are added to the production schedule after they are released and wait for their turn in the rotation. In other words, new products don't get a priority "bump" ahead of other part numbers already on the production schedule. After the first run, the min quantity on the shelf drives the production signal to make more, which is what keeps backorders to a minimum. Taking a little longer to get is an unfortunate reality with newly released parts. I hope this clears it up for you.
Not really, you mean to tell me that guys on this thread have received their exhausts in a week and I have to wait, probably due to MOC (304 vs 409)? I think that you would have done better to just say "I'll look into it" rather than feeding me information about how your marketing department and production lines have a disconnect that you have no control over.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Started my install yesterday on the off road version. Took about 3 days for delivery got my intune 2 in about a day. Went through Diablew aka 06MonteSS. He had great communication even on weekends when he said he had limited time, and kept up with all my questions. Ill try to get it finished soon and post my opinions of the system.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nsm92LS1

Started my install yesterday on the off road version. Took about 3 days for delivery got my intune 2 in about a day. Went through Diablew aka 06MonteSS. He had great communication even on weekends when he said he had limited time, and kept up with all my questions. Ill try to get it finished soon and post my opinions of the system.
Did you get the 304 or 409 version? Good luck with the install!
Old 10-09-2015, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by themealonwheels
Did you get the 304 or 409 version? Good luck with the install!
I went with the 304. Car only gets driven 1500 miles a year. I was to concerned about poor weather conditions.

Last edited by Nsm92LS1; 10-09-2015 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Glad to hear you received your order. Out of curiosity, what exhaust set-up are you taking off of your car to replace with the new Hooker system?
Old 10-09-2015, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Toddoky
Glad to hear you received your order. Out of curiosity, what exhaust set-up are you taking off of your car to replace with the new Hooker system?
Slp loudmouth 2.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

Post up sound clips too.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:51 AM
TECH Regular

Finally sold my catback so I can massage these duals into my car. Ordered the 409 off road version from Summit yesterday. Received my tracking today. They were able to price match another vendor that had a better price but didn't have it in stock. I'm super excited!
Old 10-13-2015, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Got it all installed. Fitment is great every angle hugs the car well and keeps great clearance. Only issue I ran into was the o2 sensor extension supplied with the kit doesn't seem correct for my 2002 camaro. I'm assuming it was designed off of an earlier style cat converter set up. I'm talking to tech assistance now to get it remedied. I have it all installed but there isn't much slack in my harness at all so taking easy till I get some extensions for both sides. I'll get some videos up soon.

Had to bend this shield up.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

Got it all installed. Fitment is great every angle hugs the car well and keeps great clearance. Only issue I ran into was the o2 sensor extension supplied with the kit doesn't seem correct for my 2002 camaro. I'm assuming it was designed off of an earlier style cat converter set up. I'm talking to tech assistance now to get it remedied. I have it all installed but there isn't much slack in my harness at all so taking easy till I get some extensions for both sides. I'll get some videos up soon.

Had to bend this shield up.

Looks great! How did the headers fit?
Old 10-14-2015, 06:35 AM
Teching In

The headers fit great. Probably took me four hours total for install. That's including beer breaks and playing with my daughter when she got bored riding her bike around. I only had the car on jack stands maybe a foot and a half and didn't have any problems getting them in.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Just ordered mine and it's on its way! Nsm92LS1, did you reuse your trans bracket for the setup? Also Mr. Holley rep, If one where to not have that bracket what are we to do as far as mounting goes? Almost every bracket changed but that one lol
Old 10-15-2015, 01:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BlackNHRA
Just ordered mine and it's on its way! Nsm92LS1, did you reuse your trans bracket for the setup? Also Mr. Holley rep, If one where to not have that bracket what are we to do as far as mounting goes? Almost every bracket changed but that one lol
If you are referring to the exhaust hanger bracket that attaches to the transmission, the Hooker dual system has an attachment bracket on the X-pipe that accepts the stock bolt-on bracket that gets inserted into the rubber hanger on the transmission; you just have to flip it over from it's stock orientation and it bolts right up to the bracket on the Hooker X-pipe. If you don't have one of those stock brackets, you can probably find one on ebay or from a wrecking yard...just be sure to get the one for V8 applications.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Default 4th gen blackheart duals

Hooker blackheart exhaust: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7IkYwyr6UiAnPg4m16RYZJxGnb11WOUn
Took some drive videos. Definitely quieter in the cabin compared to my LM2 but just as loud if not louder outside.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:23 PM
TECH Regular

My Hooker Blackheart showed up today as well. Even combined these mufflers look smaller than my old Magnaflow single case catback. Given the flow through design and dimensions I'm pretty confident this is going to be louder than the magnaflow. That's a good thing once I put cats back in the car. I'm super excited!

Hooker blackheart exhaust: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...RYZJxGnb11WOUn
Took some drive videos. Definitely quieter in the cabin compared to my LM2 but just as loud if not louder outside.
Your videos are showing as private.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad all yall are getting your exhausts so quickly, now I'm wondering about my 304ss choice... still no update on shipping, no product after almost 4 weeks.

Quick Reply: New Hooker 4th-gen F-body Headers and Exhaust