Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***NEW***Texas Speed F-Body cat-back

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the Dual Tips that come with this setup 3" , 3.5" or 4" ?
Thanks
Old 01-28-2016, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

Do you have any videos with this setup ( Without ) a Cam ?

If I don't have a Cam on my WS6 or intending to get one in the near future, but I still want it as Loud as possible ..... Should I go with the setup you had on this car before the Texas Speed F-Body cat-back was added .... I.E. the ( single 3" bullet with a dump ) ?

I don't mind the inside Drone , since it's usually me driving in the car by myself ... no need for a conversation lol

Thanks again
Old 01-29-2016, 08:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dsvtr
Do you have any videos with this setup ( Without ) a Cam ?

If I don't have a Cam on my WS6 or intending to get one in the near future, but I still want it as Loud as possible ..... Should I go with the setup you had on this car before the Texas Speed F-Body cat-back was added .... I.E. the ( single 3" bullet with a dump ) ?

I don't mind the inside Drone , since it's usually me driving in the car by myself ... no need for a conversation lol

Thanks again
I'm guessing this will be a touch louder than the dual setup... If you open the dump, or leave it partly open...
Old 01-29-2016, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Hi wayland1985 ,

Yeah, this is what I am considering doing .... Until I get enough saved up to put the SI5 cam in there

So if I put the Cut-Out just past Headers and Dump it before the axle ..... I have heard that it is quite loud in the cab
At least with an Electric cut-out , I could close it up the times I need a break from it lol

I'd keep the mufflers though, and have my Dual tips welded to them ( even though they will be useless )

ELECTRIC cut-out questions ....

1.Whats an average costs for both the Electric cut-outs themselves, as well as the cost to have them installed ?

2. Is there a way to Manually " Close them " if I opt out of getting Electric ones ?

Thanks for the help
Old 01-29-2016, 08:47 AM
TECH Resident

Hi wayland1985 ,

Yeah, this is what I am considering doing .... Until I get enough saved up to put the SI5 cam in there

So if I put the Cut-Out just past Headers and Dump it before the axle ..... I have heard that it is quite loud in the cab
At least with an Electric cut-out , I could close it up the times I need a break from it lol

I'd keep the mufflers though, and have my Dual tips welded to them ( even though they will be useless )

ELECTRIC cut-out questions ....

1.Whats an average costs for both the Electric cut-outs themselves, as well as the cost to have them installed ?

2. Is there a way to Manually " Close them " if I opt out of getting Electric ones ?

Thanks for the help
If you're looking to just add a cutout to your factory exhaust, then you'd want to start a new thread, or doing a little search about it.

I honestly know very little about cutouts personally. There seems to be two electric manufacturers out there who are highly regarded on this forum.

But I was simply referencing the fact that this TSP exhaust already has the bung welded on to add a cutout of your choosing. So, you'd be likely getting a throatier freer-flowing exhaust than factory, with effectively a volume **** to make it louder by opening the cutout.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Sure wish we could get more sound clips from this exhaust.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Seems like a lot of people looking for more drive by videos. You can just go ahead and send me one and I'll get those videos/clips out for you ASAP....
Don't even have to worry about the new logo ive got a sharpie I'll take care of it.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:09 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol.

I just got word that they should be to us around the first week of March.

Finding someone around here with a stock cam in an f-body is a challenge to say the least. But I'm sure once these start going out videos will start popping up shortly.

Lonnie
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 02-02-2016, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

If anyone has a video of a Stock WS6 with nothing more than a Cut-Out right past the Headers + this new awesome F-Body Cat-back installed , please submit Sound clip(s) and or vide(s)

I can't afford to put a Cam on mine yet , so looking to just go with the Cat-Back from Texas Speed , and add the Cut-Out at the Headers.

Thanks much
Old 02-02-2016, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Why would you buy this system with a pre fabbed cutout spot and then add a cutout in a different place?
Old 02-02-2016, 01:50 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

If anyone has a video of a Stock WS6 with nothing more than a Cut-Out right past the Headers + this new awesome F-Body Cat-back installed , please submit Sound clip(s) and or vide(s)

I can't afford to put a Cam on mine yet , so looking to just go with the Cat-Back from Texas Speed , and add the Cut-Out at the Headers.

Thanks much
We only have one system out on the road right now (employee's car) as these have not become available for purchase just yet. That is the video that you saw in this thread. There is also no need to run cutouts past the headers since this system already has one installed.

Lonnie
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 02-02-2016, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Ah, I must have missed that ...... That the system comes Pre-Built with a Cut-Out already built in

Where is the Cut-Out located ...... Right before the Headers ?

And definitely looking forward to hearing what this system sounds like on a Stock WS6 ( no Cam )

Are 1 7/8 Headers highly recommended with this System or will the stock Headers on my car be " good enough " ( for the time being ) ?

Thank you again
Old 02-02-2016, 02:17 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Ah, I must have missed that ...... That the system comes Pre-Built with a Cut-Out already built in

Where is the Cut-Out located ...... Right before the Headers ?

And definitely looking forward to hearing what this system sounds like on a Stock WS6 ( no Cam )

Are 1 7/8 Headers highly recommended with this System or will the stock Headers on my car be " good enough " ( for the time being ) ?

Thank you again
Check page 1 for pics of the system and location of the cutout. It will bolt up to a stock y-pipe system. Then, of course down the road when you step up to headers you will see larger gains.

Lonnie
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 02-02-2016, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sales3@Texas-Speed
Lol.

I just got word that they should be to us around the first week of March.

Finding someone around here with a stock cam in an f-body is a challenge to say the least. But I'm sure once these start going out videos will start popping up shortly.

Lonnie
I have a bone stock 02, I'd be willing to make the drive from Houston.........LOL
Old 02-02-2016, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OutFoxed
I have a bone stock 02, I'd be willing to make the drive from Houston.........LOL
Stock '99, I'll bring it out of storage and drive down from Iowa.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Lonnie ,
Thank you for your help and reply
Old 02-03-2016, 08:46 AM
11 Second Club

still in the 499 price range?? Free XL t-shirt with order??
Old 02-08-2016, 07:35 AM
12 Second Club

Can't wait for this to release! After my headers and stall, I hate my current setup after the y-pipe.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:25 PM
Launching!

Any updates on this?
Old 02-19-2016, 12:21 AM
Launching!

I called the other day and was told probably the 2nd week of March

Quick Reply: ***NEW***Texas Speed F-Body cat-back